You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Preston (A) - CC 4th Rnd, Wed 27th Oct 2021 (7:45pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Fair dos, Adrian had a good game last night. And he appeared a good influence on the younger players which, I suspect, is the reason he is still at the club. 

We seem to have two very good backup keepers these days both of which are head and shoulders above the Mig/ Karius clusterfuck . Watching the game and shitting yourself every time the ball went near our area was a deeply unpleasant experience 

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

How did the kids play? Wasn’t able to watch the game but be good to get some thoughts on whether there is any potential in any of them.

Morton was good again, constantly knew where to go with the ball, and fantastic pass to Neco to set up his assist for the opening goal.

Neco was very good, two assists, saved a certain goal on the line with his face.

The young lad who played right wing didn’t offer too much, but worked hard. Less threatening that Gordon had been in the last round.

Bradley did well when he came on, especially with a good forward run.

other kids only got 2 mins, so can’t really make a comment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Not a bad ground to visit. Pity there were about 500 of our fans who somehow bunked in and stood on every available part of the stairs. Stewards weren't interested in them at all. 

IMG_20211027_224504_100.jpg

https://www.pnefc.net/club/deepdale/

On the second picture down is the view from the centre of the old Kop (now BSK) towards the old Town End. I used to love going on there watching the Nobbers in my teenage years. It was like a zoo except for the drums, ticker tape, balloons and the tight cunt who would turn up occasionally with a trumpet.

I've not been to Deepdale since 2004 when I watched a match in the new Town End; it was shit and the Nobbers lost 2-1 against Millwall. A few weeks later I took my first steps on the real Kop (been a Red since being about 6, mid 80's) and never went back to watching Preston although I still am a fan.

• Upvote 1

Played at Deepdale when they used to have the artificial surface. We turned up at the main entrance and some stuffy cow said 'oh you park plebs use the entrance on theother side of the ground so fuck off round there and dont bother me again'!

Out on 'the park,' thought Id try jumping up and swinging on the crossbar during the warm up as you do (or did). Fucking hell, I could hardly reach it! Professional goals are massive compared to what you got on the local park. Had a lot more appreciation for professional keepers after that.

My mate talked me into going to a game against Northampton when they were going well in the 3rd or 4th Division. Got over 17,000 on the ground that night which was going some.

For a smaller club, I think they've developed the ground quite well.

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Played at Deepdale when they used to have the artificial surface. We turned up at the main entrance and some stuffy cow said 'oh you park plebs use the entrance on the other side of the ground so fuck off round there and don't bother me again'!

Out on 'the park,' thought Id try jumping up and swinging on the crossbar during the warm up as you do (or did). Fucking hell, I could hardly reach it! Professional goals are massive compared to what you got on the local park. Had a lot more appreciation for professional keepers after that.

My mate talked me into going to a game against Northampton when they were going well in the 3rd or 4th Division. Got over 17,000 on the ground that night which was going some.

For a smaller club, I think they've developed the ground quite well.

That wouldn't surprise me if that was Audrey Shaw. A right nasty old cunt she was.

She was eventually sacked for being a nasty old cunt with fans who had ticket enquiries and the suchlike. To her, fans and customers were a hinderance.

5 hours ago, Preston Red said:

https://www.pnefc.net/club/deepdale/

On the second picture down is the view from the centre of the old Kop (now BSK) towards the old Town End. I used to love going on there watching the Nobbers in my teenage years. It was like a zoo except for the drums, ticker tape, balloons and the tight cunt who would turn up occasionally with a trumpet.

I've not been to Deepdale since 2004 when I watched a match in the new Town End; it was shit and the Nobbers lost 2-1 against Millwall. A few weeks later I took my first steps on the real Kop (been a Red since being about 6, mid 80's) and never went back to watching Preston although I still am a fan.

It is a good ground. Hearts development of Tynecastle looks similar to it with the steep stands and the towers in the corner. Enjoyed going there last night, couple of decent looking pubs in the town centre but unfortunately never had time before the game to get to any. Most were closed by the time we were heading back to the station after the game. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I went to Deepdale when I was about 16 for a look around the footy museum. First thing I saw when I walked in was John Motson’s sheepskin coat. You could almost smell the great man through the glass display cabinet. 

John Motson wearing a sheepskin coat, standing on a snow covered football pitch with microphone in hand while talking about the featured game of the day is a 1970s and 80s BBC Grandstand iconic memory.

12 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

It is a good ground. Hearts development of Tynecastle looks similar to it with the steep stands and the towers in the corner. Enjoyed going there last night, couple of decent looking pubs in the town centre but unfortunately never had time before the game to get to any. Most were closed by the time we were heading back to the station after the game. 

There are some relatively decent ones on Church Street/Fishergate but you head down some of the side streets and you have a mixture of hidden gems and Beirut.

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I went to Deepdale when I was about 16 for a look around the footy museum. First thing I saw when I walked in was John Motson’s sheepskin coat. You could almost smell the great man through the glass display cabinet. 

It was a crying shame that they lost the museum as it was awesome. But in the modern world, tourists aren't interested in a "Founder Member" like Preston North End as they aren't considered a big name. Not only that, it was an arseache to get to in terms of trains and buses. There was a single track line a few hundred yards down the road from Deepdale but that's been shut since 1990 and the station has been gone for even longer, shame they couldn't re-instate it for football traffic and the suchlike.