You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Preston (A) - CC 4th Rnd, Wed 27th Oct 2021 (7:45pm)

Trumo

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think everyone who has ever watched football does.

Karius fucked up and will never be a competent keeper again.

Adrian did what normal keepers does; occasional fuck-ups from which he has the ability, temperament and experience to recover.

Was a mere jest. Suggesting Karius could find a way to concede even without facing a shot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"The job" is beating a team from the lower reaches of the Championship when they are missing some of their more important players. Of course he's up to it.

The job is being ready to step into our first team and perform at an appropriate level whether it be PL, CL or domestic cup. Having watched his performances agin atletico and Chelsea I don’t think he’s good enough 

17 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Sunderland 

Arsenal

Chelsea 

All through tonight. Tomorrow:

West Ham V Man City

Preston V Liverpool 

Wolves V Spurs 

Stoke V Brentford 

Leicester V Brighton 

Draw for the next round is on Saturday.

Personally I like the League Cup as it gives me a chance to go to games where I wouldn't normally get a ticket (bigger allocation for cup games).  As long as we play lower league or shit Premier League teams it's a good chance to see the younger players. Luckily I'm going tomorrow as will 5000+ others who will get behind the team.

Don't know why our fans constantly turn their noses up at the domestic cup games. Unfortunately the club does and gives the likes of Chelsea and Man City a free run at trophies. 

Went the Leeds game a couple of years ago and although Ben Woodburn scored it was Trent who impressed the most. Had some good trips to Derby, MK Dons and Norwich the last couple of seasons. 

You don’t know why fans turn their nose up but you recognise the club does…

Why should I give a fuck about a game in a tournament we’ve no intention of trying to win?

Exactly that, I couldn’t give a fuck….

The only thing I’m interested in is hopefully seeing another one of the young lads take his chance, stand out and push on to the senior team, apart from that who cares about this wank competition.

20 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You don’t know why fans turn their nose up but you recognise the club does…

Why should I give a fuck about a game in a tournament we’ve no intention of trying to win?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

The job is being ready to step into our first team and perform at an appropriate level whether it be PL, CL or domestic cup. Having watched his performances agin atletico and Chelsea I don’t think he’s good enough 

That's why he's third choice - so it's extremely unlikely that he'd face Atletico or Chelsea.  Alisson is fit; if we were playing someone good, Ali would play.

Stunned to see Matip in.

2 of our 3 fit midfielders in too.

Liverpool: Adrian, Williams, Matip, Gomez, Tsimikas, Morton, Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Blair, Minamino, Origi.

Subs: Hughes, Pitaluga, Konate, Firmino, Jota, Dixon-Bonner, Phillips, Beck, Bradley.