You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - The Final

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - The Final   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Beach Boys - God Only Knows
    • The Beatles - In My Life

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/21 at 09:28

45 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yeah but it wasn’t entered. There’s a lot of other songs that could have won but not nominated but I think this was the best song in this field. 

As Stig said, YNWA wasn't allowed in the tournament because it would have been impossible to vote against. 

God Only Knows is superb, in fact I think I repped the nominee, it's one of my favourite songs and was my favourite of the two finalists.

But, is it my favourite?,

No.

What is my favourite?

I haven't got a fucking clue.

That's because, like most people, I have a love of music. Yes there are genre's or bands I'm not keen on, but there are things you can appreciate in all of them, I mean fucking hell, even Oasis produced one or two decent things. (awaits a neg off Stig!)

My point is, with so much stuff out there, I find having an absolute favourite song nigh on impossible. 

17 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

As Stig said, YNWA wasn't allowed in the tournament because it would have been impossible to vote against. 

God Only Knows is superb, in fact I think I repped the nominee, it's one of my favourite songs and was my favourite of the two finalists.

But, is it my favourite?,

No.

What is my favourite?

I haven't got a fucking clue.

That's because, like most people, I have a love of music. Yes there are genre's or bands I'm not keen on, but there are things you can appreciate in all of them, I mean fucking hell, even Oasis produced one or two decent things. (awaits a neg off Stig!)

My point is, with so much stuff out there, I find having an absolute favourite song nigh on impossible. 

I love YNWA but would vote for about 5,000* songs over that as my favourite ever song.

*very rough estimate 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I voted for in my life. My dad is a huge Beatles fan but he said his vote would be God only knows. He said The Beatles were above any one single and In my life is great but not so much better than other Beatles songs even on the same album whereas God only knows was so far ahead of any other Beach boys song. My dad knows his onions and his musical opinion is 20 times better and more educated than mine. 

50 minutes ago, Mook said:

I love YNWA but would vote for about 5,000* songs over that as my favourite ever song.

*very rough estimate 

That's sort of the point I was trying to make. After making your nominations, you could only vote for your favourite song in each round.

The overall winner probably wasn't your favourite song, only your favourite of the last two.

With this being the site it is, YNWA would have walked it because of the emotional power it has over the people who use TLW.

I love it too, but it's not something I have in my collection which has thousands of favourites in it, but like I said, deciding on an absolute favourite is virtually impossible for me.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

I think we should do another one, only this time nominate three really obscure songs that we love. That way we'll all learn about new bands and artists.

Nah. These tournaments are just a bit of fun. There are plenty of other ways for people to discover bands, artists and music that is new to them. The internet makes things like that dead easy.

50 minutes ago, Remmie said:

This tournament seems to suggest otherwise 

I Get Around

In My Room

Don't Worry Baby

Surfer Girl

Good Vibrations

Surfin USA

Sloop John B

Wouldn't It Be Nice

Caroline No

Heroes & Villains 

Friends

Feel Flows

Surfs Up

All absolute classic songs for the ages & that's before I go all geeky on their amazing early 70s stuff.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Mook said:

I Get Around

In My Room

Don't Worry Baby

Surfer Girl

Good Vibrations

Surfin USA

Sloop John B

Wouldn't It Be Nice

Caroline No

Heroes & Villains 

Friends

Feel Flows

Surfs Up

All absolute classic songs for the ages & that's before I go all geeky on their amazing early 70s stuff.

Where the fuck is Kokomo?

• Upvote 2

YNWA wasn't allowed for the reasons mentioned. It's too emotive and too close to so  many of our hearts that whilst you might prefer the blood and thunder of a motorhead song or the pointless drivel of something else or even the legs in the girls aloud video.... could you vote against it? For most no. So That's why it wasn't in. 

As for this tournament... it could not have been fairer. The winner is the rightful winner. Personally I think it's been fucking boss and I've heard a few songs I'd never heard before (or given enough attention) 

As for the spotify list, add what you want. I'll be the decider. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

YNWA wasn't allowed for the reasons mentioned. It's too emotive and too close to so  many of our hearts that whilst you might prefer the blood and thunder of a motorhead song or the pointless drivel of something else or even the legs in the girls aloud video.... could you vote against it? For most no. So That's why it wasn't in. 

As for this tournament... it could not have been fairer. The winner is the rightful winner. Personally I think it's been fucking boss and I've heard a few songs I'd never heard before (or given enough attention) 

As for the spotify list, add what you want. I'll be the decider. 

I’ve enjoyed it. The tournaments are one of my favourite things about the GF. They’re much appreciated by me.

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

We should do a best Beatles song as I’m certain In my life wouldn’t win that. 

I might do it if I can be arsed at some point. Give Stig a break from doing them. I’ve got an idea how to format it to make it more interesting. 

Thank you mate , sorry I didn't make any of these interesting enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1