The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Semi Final - 2

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Semi Final - 2  

49 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• The Beatles - In My Life
    • Ben E King - Stand By Me
    • The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 09:48

Horrible voting against Stand By Me but In My Life. It was one of my picks and it's the most beautiful piece of music ever written. For every friend, lover, family member ......  you've cared about it's an ode to them. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to say that the lack of anything released after 1970 in these semi finals is quite astounding, but in keeping with the album votes, it's not really. I honestly think if i was picking six songs as my favourite ever (which let's not lie, is hard enough in itself) not that many would be pre-1970. 

I've gone with Paint it Black and In My Life, neither are even my favourite tunes by each band.

5 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'd like to say that the lack of anything released after 1970 in these semi finals is quite astounding, but in keeping with the album votes, it's not really. I honestly think if i was picking six songs as my favourite ever (which let's not lie, is hard enough in itself) not that many would be pre-1970. 

I've gone with Paint it Black and In My Life, neither are even my favourite tunes by each band.

It's all gone a bit 'wedding playlist', with no real surprises. The 70s are badly under-represented.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I'm voting tactically, I want God only knows to win so don't want a good Beatles song in the final. Not really in the spirit of the competition but hey ho at least I admit it. 

Tory

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Horrible voting against Stand By Me but In My Life. It was one of my picks and it's the most beautiful piece of music ever written. For every friend, lover, family member ......  you've cared about it's an ode to them. 

I hate to agree with Stig, but when he's right he's right.

6 hours ago, Code said:

If I should pick my favourite 50 songs, these six seminfinalists would be nowhere near it. 

There's a reason why we didn't run a "Code's Favourite Tunes" tournament.