You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stig Inge Bjornebye

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I've read some shite on here in my life....... McAteer fine but Stig?! I'd go as far as to say he's arguably our best ever crosser of the ball! It was the only thing he really excelled at! 

A compilation can make him look good, but after a couple of seasons at most he really went off the boil. I’m going from memory, but those days of the Evans era going tits up when we would often draw at home, I remember seeing him float balls in to the kop under no pressure. I think he was played in a position that didn’t suit him and we were tactically inept as a team so he can’t be blamed entirely. Sorry to piss on your bbq stig!

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

A compilation can make him look good, but after a couple of seasons at most he really went off the boil. I’m going from memory, but those days of the Evans era going tits up when we would often draw at home, I remember seeing him float balls in to the kop under no pressure. I think he was played in a position that didn’t suit him and we were tactically inept as a team so he can’t be blamed entirely. Sorry to piss on your bbq stig!

Nah look he wasn't a top player that's a fact but his crossing was superb. Not all the time but the one against Newcastle for Fowlers winner in the second 4:3 is as good a cross as you'll see. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nah look he wasn't a top player that's a fact but his crossing was superb. Not all the time but the one against Newcastle for Fowlers winner in the second 4:3 is as good a cross as you'll see. 

That’s true, and that’s one of my favourite goals for the celebrations alone afterwards. Thinking about those Evans years I forget how lucky we are to have Trent and Robbo making it look easy to whip in a cross.

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

That’s true, and that’s one of my favourite goals for the celebrations alone afterwards. Thinking about those Evans years I forget how lucky we are to have Trent and Robbo making it look easy to whip in a cross.

Is that you taking it back that he couldn't cross to save his life????

22 hours ago, Em City said:

I can't recall him playing but any time I watch mid 90s highlights, he seems to be popping with beautiful crosses and assists yet he has a terrible reputation.

Was he just an awful defender or what?

He was a quite limited footballer in general, both in defence and attack. But when given time and space he had a very good left foot. In a 3-5-2, with a very skilful midfield bossing possession in most games completely, he found got plenty of space as a wing back, and produced a lot of assists. In a 4-4-2 he was far less productive.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He was a quite limited footballer in general, both in defence and attack. But when given time and space he had a very good left foot. In a 3-5-2, with a very skilful midfield bossing possession in most games completely, he found got plenty of space as a wing back, and produced a lot of assists. In a 4-4-2 he was far less productive.

Better than Ziege

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Trent AND Robbo? Robbo's crossing has been woeful for quite a while now,in fact it's hard to believe it's now the same player. He's in the team because he's a brilliant defender but a lot of his play in the last third,particularly his crossing,has been way below standard. Trent on the other hand has been quite the opposite,brilliant crossing and distribution but his defending still needs plenty of work at times.

58 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I was so excited when we signed him. £8.5m and a load of shit for tapping him up and all of it pointless.

£5.5 mil

Which was his buy out clause 

And instead of bidding 5 and then upping it, we went straight in with the buy out clause bid

Fucking amateurs 

27 minutes ago, m0e said:

£5.5 mil

Which was his buy out clause 

And instead of bidding 5 and then upping it, we went straight in with the buy out clause bid

Fucking amateurs 

Ah that was it, they had offers of 8m and we somehow bid the exact amount. 

I thought he did fuck all for us but turns out he scored a pen against Birmingham in the League cup final shootout. 

• Upvote 1