You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 17-19 2021)

tlw content

Klopp hates the 12.30 kick offs on Saturday but there’s a lot to be said for winning the early game and then just sitting back and enjoying the other fixtures without any real pressure. If they win, whatever, we’ve already won so it’s not like we need to worry about matching their results, but if they drop points, happy days.

City and Chelsea both won and I’ll get to those in due course. I want to start with the other top four side though. At least they were top four before they were leapfrogged by Brighton and Spurs. I only watch United when they don't win so having seen the score I was looking forward to this one on MOTD.

Leicester haven’t really got going yet this season, mainly due to the defensive injuries they’ve had. Johnny Evans was back for this one though and he stabilises everything back there. Soyuncu looks great when he’s next to Evans, but take Evans away and Soyuncu is so bad he looks like he should be playing centre back for United or Arsenal. He’s been a mess this season.

As for Evans, it’s funny really when you consider that he’s still better than pretty much any defender United have had since they sold him. Varane will probably prove to be the exception to that rule but maybe not as he's never fit. 

United hadn’t really done anything and Leicester had made all the running, but then out of nowhere Greenwood lashed one into the top corner from 25 yards. This is what they do. They just rely on moments of quality. Leicester had been putting together all kinds of nice little intricate training ground moves and then United go ahead when someone just blams one in from miles out.

Greenwood is their best player. I hate those ‘combined eleven’ things as they’re a load of bollocks, but if I’m picking a Liverpool / United one then Greenwood is literally the only player I’d even be considering for a place (he wouldn't get in, but I'd think about it). None of the others are even close, except maybe Sancho but that’s based on reputation rather than anything else. Greenwood though, he’s sensational. The twat.

Leicester continued to make all the running and deservedly levelled through Tielemans. Lovely finish after that Iheanacho cunt robbed the ponderous Maguire. Maddison and Tielemans were running the game and kept finding space behind the United midfield, which was Pogba and Matic. There’s no chance in hell Solskjaer fields that pair against us. It’ll be Fred and McTominay as usual.

Soyuncu made it 2-1 from close range after sub Patson Daka had a shot saved. Again, look at Maguire though, the big fucking statue. In fairness to him he wasn't fit and was rushed back too soon, but this is what he does most of the time anyway. How bad must the rest of their defenders be if they need to rush this big gormless dope back when he's not fit?

United equalised with a long ball over the top that Rashford raced onto and then buried. Hilariously though, within seconds Leicester were ahead again as right from the restart they went straight up the pitch and that loser Ayoze Perez teed up Vardy to shin one home. 

Daka then wrapped it up in stoppage time with a back post tap in from a corner. United aren’t good dealing with set-pieces at all and hopefully that’s something we can capitalise on this week. A Matip winner would be nice.

Daka has started like a runaway train. He followed this up by scoring four in a Europa League win in midweek. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s any good as he’s a player we were strongly linked with before he went to Leicester. I hope he does well, not least because it will limit the minutes of Iheanacho, meaning I don't need to be reminded of what he did every time I fucking look at him. 

Pogba’s interview afterwards was… I don’t even know how I’d describe it as I don’t really care. “We need to change something” he said, while clearly just not looking at all arsed about what’s going on there. Why would he though? He’s running down his contract to either go to PSG or Real Madrid so he doesn’t give a fuck. Maybe if Solskjaer gets the push and United offer him enough cash he’ll sign, as he’s one of those new breed of ‘superstar’ players who are more arsed about their endorsement deals and having a high rating on FIFA than they are about maximising their talent. See also Neymar.

As I said last time, these are strange times for United who only ever seem to be one bad result away from mutiny. They’ll be ticking along nicely but as soon as they have a bad result all hell breaks loose and it’s all “#OleOut.

It happened again in midweek when they found themselves 2-0 down to Atalanta. They came back to win the game, just as they’d done in their last CL home game too, but the knives were out massively at half time. That was a good result for us I think. I’d rather face them when they aren’t completely desperate and under massive pressure to get a result. If they’d lost to Atalanta they’d have been really dangerous this weekend. They are still dangerous, but they’re under a bit less pressure after that comeback and I feel better about that than I would if they’d lost.

I’m taking nothing for granted this weekend because we’ve been so bad at that stadium for so long that form and class doesn’t really come into it. We’re a vastly superior team to United but there have been plenty of times in the past when it’s been the opposite and we’ve still been able to turn them over. They’ve got a frightening amount of talent in that squad and that’s what they rely on. They aren’t well coached, they aren’t particularly well organised or hard to play against, but they’ve got Ronaldo, Sancho, Fernandez, Pogba, Greenwood, Cavani and Rashford, all of whom can produce something brilliant out of nowhere.

So while I can laugh at them having their pants pulled down by Leicester, don’t take that as me dismissing them ahead of this weekend as I’m not that stupid or cocky. I can say Manchester United are shite, but that doesn’t mean I’m saying that they aren’t capable of beating us this weekend, because they absolute are if we turn in our usual Old Trafford stinker.

There is a lot of talk now about whether United are even good enough to make the top four. I’d say that Leicester are probably the only threat to them on that front, but Brendan’s side always seem to get bogged down with injuries and just miss out. I don’t see anyone else posing a threat to United for fourth though.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

"He’s only been there five minutes but it’s already clear that Demarai Gray is too good for Everton. He could definitely play for a top half team. West Ham might even look at him as that’s a nice step up for him."

Top top shithousing. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, tlw content said:

Klopp hates the 12.30 kick offs on Saturday but there’s a lot to be said for winning the early game and then just sitting back and enjoying the other fixtures without any real pressure. If they win, whatever, we’ve already won so it’s not like we need to worry about matching their results, but if they drop points, happy days.

City and Chelsea both won and I’ll get to those in due course. I want to start with the other top four side though. At least they were top four before they were leapfrogged by Brighton and Spurs. I only watch United when they don't win so having seen the score I was looking forward to this one on MOTD.

Leicester haven’t really got going yet this season, mainly due to the defensive injuries they’ve had. Johnny Evans was back for this one though and he stabilises everything back there. Soyuncu looks great when he’s next to Evans, but take Evans away and Soyuncu is so bad he looks like he should be playing centre back for United or Arsenal. He’s been a mess this season.

As for Evans, it’s funny really when you consider that he’s still better than pretty much any defender United have had since they sold him. Varane will probably prove to be the exception to that rule but maybe not as he's never fit. 

United hadn’t really done anything and Leicester had made all the running, but then out of nowhere Greenwood lashed one into the top corner from 25 yards. This is what they do. They just rely on moments of quality. Leicester had been putting together all kinds of nice little intricate training ground moves and then United go ahead when someone just blams one in from miles out.

Greenwood is their best player. I hate those ‘combined eleven’ things as they’re a load of bollocks, but if I’m picking a Liverpool / United one then Greenwood is literally the only player I’d even be considering for a place (he wouldn't get in, but I'd think about it). None of the others are even close, except maybe Sancho but that’s based on reputation rather than anything else. Greenwood though, he’s sensational. The twat.

Leicester continued to make all the running and deservedly levelled through Tielemans. Lovely finish after that Iheanacho cunt robbed the ponderous Maguire. Maddison and Tielemans were running the game and kept finding space behind the United midfield, which was Pogba and Matic. There’s no chance in hell Solskjaer fields that pair against us. It’ll be Fred and McTominay as usual.

Soyuncu made it 2-1 from close range after sub Patson Daka had a shot saved. Again, look at Maguire though, the big fucking statue. In fairness to him he wasn't fit and was rushed back too soon, but this is what he does most of the time anyway. How bad must the rest of their defenders be if they need to rush this big gormless dope back when he's not fit?

United equalised with a long ball over the top that Rashford raced onto and then buried. Hilariously though, within seconds Leicester were ahead again as right from the restart they went straight up the pitch and that loser Ayoze Perez teed up Vardy to shin one home. 

Daka then wrapped it up in stoppage time with a back post tap in from a corner. United aren’t good dealing with set-pieces at all and hopefully that’s something we can capitalise on this week. A Matip winner would be nice.

Daka has started like a runaway train. He followed this up by scoring four in a Europa League win in midweek. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s any good as he’s a player we were strongly linked with before he went to Leicester. I hope he does well, not least because it will limit the minutes of Iheanacho, meaning I don't need to be reminded of what he did every time I fucking look at him. 

Pogba’s interview afterwards was… I don’t even know how I’d describe it as I don’t really care. “We need to change something” he said, while clearly just not looking at all arsed about what’s going on there. Why would he though? He’s running down his contract to either go to PSG or Real Madrid so he doesn’t give a fuck. Maybe if Solskjaer gets the push and United offer him enough cash he’ll sign, as he’s one of those new breed of ‘superstar’ players who are more arsed about their endorsement deals and having a high rating on FIFA than they are about maximising their talent. See also Neymar.

As I said last time, these are strange times for United who only ever seem to be one bad result away from mutiny. They’ll be ticking along nicely but as soon as they have a bad result all hell breaks loose and it’s all “#OleOut.

It happened again in midweek when they found themselves 2-0 down to Atalanta. They came back to win the game, just as they’d done in their last CL home game too, but the knives were out massively at half time. That was a good result for us I think. I’d rather face them when they aren’t completely desperate and under massive pressure to get a result. If they’d lost to Atalanta they’d have been really dangerous this weekend. They are still dangerous, but they’re under a bit less pressure after that comeback and I feel better about that than I would if they’d lost.

I’m taking nothing for granted this weekend because we’ve been so bad at that stadium for so long that form and class doesn’t really come into it. We’re a vastly superior team to United but there have been plenty of times in the past when it’s been the opposite and we’ve still been able to turn them over. They’ve got a frightening amount of talent in that squad and that’s what they rely on. They aren’t well coached, they aren’t particularly well organised or hard to play against, but they’ve got Ronaldo, Sancho, Fernandez, Pogba, Greenwood, Cavani and Rashford, all of whom can produce something brilliant out of nowhere.

So while I can laugh at them having their pants pulled down by Leicester, don’t take that as me dismissing them ahead of this weekend as I’m not that stupid or cocky. I can say Manchester United are shite, but that doesn’t mean I’m saying that they aren’t capable of beating us this weekend, because they absolute are if we turn in our usual Old Trafford stinker.

There is a lot of talk now about whether United are even good enough to make the top four. I’d say that Leicester are probably the only threat to them on that front, but Brendan’s side always seem to get bogged down with injuries and just miss out. I don’t see anyone else posing a threat to United for fourth though.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10119703/Manchester-United-Paul-Pogba-wearing-worlds-VEGAN-football-boots.html

vegan soccer boots…

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Don't think the McArthur thing was funny at all it was a fucking disgrace. If Dean can't do his job , the ban should have been laid afterwards by the PL.

Any time I see someone absolutely welly an opponent it makes me laugh. It goes back to when I was a kid and that kind of thing happened all the time on the school field. Its just funny.

I always remember my mate doing it to one of our own team-mates after he missed a pen. It's a long story that I'm sure I've mentioned before in a round up. Can't be arsed telling it again, but whenever I see that kind of challenge it takes me back to that moment back when I was about 10 and that's probably why I always think its funny.

I blame VAR more than Dean. They've got the benefit of replays so there's no excuse. Of course he should have got the decision right too, but he only gets one look at it whereas VAR could have had no doubt.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic