Bjornebye

Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?

Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?

I would neither welcome nor object to it.

Can see both sides, don't really care much either way, not least because we wouldn't pay the salary he gets at City.

I wouldn't welcome him back with open arms or anything, but I'd accept him coming back because he'd fit our system well and Klopp would improve him.

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez. If Mo left tomorrow for PSG on a £1m per month deal he wouldn’t get this hatred. Never felt right to me to hate an ex LFC player. 

Gini saw out his contract, why would he get more flack than a player who acted the twat for 6 months?  I get that regarding Suarez and Torres, but Gini?

38 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez. If Mo left tomorrow for PSG on a £1m per month deal he wouldn’t get this hatred. Never felt right to me to hate an ex LFC player. 

Very few players leave this club with hatred from the fans. Very very few. 

15 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The abuse in the last few years has been due to the fact the player himself let it get to him. If he didn't, he wouldn't get anything more than the odd verbal at this stage. 

He's not good one v one with the keeper and his shooting is generally weaker than I see at Adrianna's Sunday footy.

That being said, he's quite brilliant at everything else and is a really intelligent player. He can play pretty much anywhere and his decision making is usually spot on.

He's probably the least convincing looking world class player out there.

When we play City I'm a lot happier when isn't playing because he scares me more than anyone else they have other than De Bruyne, and now maybe Foden too.

37 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's not good one v one with the keeper and his shooting is generally weaker than I see at Adrianna's Sunday footy.

That being said, he's quite brilliant at everything else and is a really intelligent player. He can play pretty much anywhere and his decision making is usually spot on.

He's probably the least convincing looking world class player out there.

When we play City I'm a lot happier when isn't playing because he scares me more than anyone else they have other than De Bruyne, and now maybe Foden too.

He isn't world class. 

Depends how you define it and it's a subjective term.

He's been Player of the Year and been nominated for the Balon D'or a few times. He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's been one of Europe's best players for the last five years.

7 minutes ago, dave u said:

Depends how you define it and it's a subjective term.

He's been Player of the Year and been nominated for the Balon D'or a few times. He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's been one of Europe's best players for the last five years.

As you mentioned, the amount of sitters he misses and his greed drops him down a peg from world class. He wouldn't start for us right now. Plus, he's a little prick. 

18 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez.

Mascherano and, particularly, Alonso are two more examples.

I suspect some of it has to do with it moving to a domestic rival.

Sterling of course was only 20 years old when he left, and therefore could (should) be more readily forgiven for life choices made then.