Jump to content
Bjornebye

Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?

Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?   

121 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you welcome a Sterling return - Yes or No ?



Recommended Posts

I would neither welcome nor object to it.

 

Can see both sides, don't really care much either way, not least because we wouldn't pay the salary he gets at City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't welcome him back with open arms or anything, but I'd accept him coming back because he'd fit our system well and Klopp would improve him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez. If Mo left tomorrow for PSG on a £1m per month deal he wouldn’t get this hatred. Never felt right to me to hate an ex LFC player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gini saw out his contract, why would he get more flack than a player who acted the twat for 6 months?  I get that regarding Suarez and Torres, but Gini?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez. If Mo left tomorrow for PSG on a £1m per month deal he wouldn’t get this hatred. Never felt right to me to hate an ex LFC player. 

Very few players leave this club with hatred from the fans. Very very few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez. If Mo left tomorrow for PSG on a £1m per month deal he wouldn’t get this hatred. Never felt right to me to hate an ex LFC player. 

The abuse in the last few years has been due to the fact the player himself let it get to him. If he didn't, he wouldn't get anything more than the odd verbal at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not good one v one with the keeper and his shooting is generally weaker than I see at Adrianna's Sunday footy.

 

That being said, he's quite brilliant at everything else and is a really intelligent player. He can play pretty much anywhere and his decision making is usually spot on.

 

He's probably the least convincing looking world class player out there.

 

When we play City I'm a lot happier when isn't playing because he scares me more than anyone else they have other than De Bruyne, and now maybe Foden too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's not good one v one with the keeper and his shooting is generally weaker than I see at Adrianna's Sunday footy.

 

That being said, he's quite brilliant at everything else and is a really intelligent player. He can play pretty much anywhere and his decision making is usually spot on.

 

He's probably the least convincing looking world class player out there.

 

When we play City I'm a lot happier when isn't playing because he scares me more than anyone else they have other than De Bruyne, and now maybe Foden too.

He isn't world class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how you define it and it's a subjective term.

 

He's been Player of the Year and been nominated for the Balon D'or a few times. He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's been one of Europe's best players for the last five years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dave u said:

Depends how you define it and it's a subjective term.

 

He's been Player of the Year and been nominated for the Balon D'or a few times. He's not Messi or Ronaldo but he's been one of Europe's best players for the last five years.

As you mentioned, the amount of sitters he misses and his greed drops him down a peg from world class. He wouldn't start for us right now. Plus, he's a little prick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’d welcome him back. Always felt a bit uncomfortable with the opprobrium he got compared to other players who have also left for more money or bigger clubs like for example Gini or Suarez.

 

Mascherano and, particularly, Alonso are two more examples.

 

I suspect some of it has to do with it moving to a domestic rival.

 

Sterling of course was only 20 years old when he left, and therefore could (should) be more readily forgiven for life choices made then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×