Section_31

The Streaming Services Thread

Like Sugar Ape above, I use Plex to stream from my own NAS to whatever device I want. I also subscribe to paid streaming platforms but, if I could be arsed, I could ditch it all and watch it for nothing. 

Anything worth watching I've got on DVD, but for new stuff I use online streaming sites. Primewire has served me well through the years.

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've got Telewest Cable. You get the odd bit of nipple and fluff on the German channel, RTL, after midnight. 

0m9cLgdqv4p1hq06R-SSE4QKlzewQyVFb-buqbPV

Netflix (which I rarely watch - it's mostly shit series and long-winded doccos). She has Prime which has more hits than misses. Honestly, 4OD is my go-to as the back catalogue is vast and varied. 

I'd pay good money for HBO just for Curb. But it seems nigh-on impossible to acquire on these shores without a Sky subscription. And Murdoch can quite frankly go piss up a rope. 

5 hours ago, cochyn said:

Netflix (which I rarely watch - it's mostly shit series and long-winded doccos). She has Prime which has more hits than misses. Honestly, 4OD is my go-to as the back catalogue is vast and varied. 

I'd pay good money for HBO just for Curb. But it seems nigh-on impossible to acquire on these shores without a Sky subscription. And Murdoch can quite frankly go piss up a rope. 

Murdoch sold to Comcast a few years back. 

13 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've got Telewest Cable. You get the odd bit of nipple and fluff on the German channel, RTL, after midnight. 

Now we're talking. Think this was the answer to the OP.

9 hours ago, cochyn said:

If you’ve got a Firestick you can watch whatever you want. 

We’ve got Netflix, in part because it’s easier for the kids but my Kodi is set up with such ease of use that my eight year old uses it all the time for later seasons of her favourite shows that aren’t in the Netflix catalogue. 

• Upvote 1

BT has fucked my line speed from June this year and wont take any responsibility for it. Been on their fibre since 2012 and hadrock solid connections and 50Mbps download speed. I know that's snail pace for those able to get Virgin's 100Mbps but it was good enough for my needs.

Got a Roku for streaming but to be honest, all the good content was another 7 to 12 quid subscription so didnt really bother. Then started having BT issues and my speed has plummeted to just above their minimum gauranteed speed of 30Mbps (funny that eh?) and they just give me bullshit like 'have you tried rebooting your HomeHub?' etc so, not much point going all out streaming. Fucking You Tube is bad enough.