You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Streaming Services Thread

Section_31

Netflix (which I rarely watch - it's mostly shit series and long-winded doccos). She has Prime which has more hits than misses. Honestly, 4OD is my go-to as the back catalogue is vast and varied. 

I'd pay good money for HBO just for Curb. But it seems nigh-on impossible to acquire on these shores without a Sky subscription. And Murdoch can quite frankly go piss up a rope. 

5 hours ago, cochyn said:

Netflix (which I rarely watch - it's mostly shit series and long-winded doccos). She has Prime which has more hits than misses. Honestly, 4OD is my go-to as the back catalogue is vast and varied. 

I'd pay good money for HBO just for Curb. But it seems nigh-on impossible to acquire on these shores without a Sky subscription. And Murdoch can quite frankly go piss up a rope. 

Murdoch sold to Comcast a few years back. 

9 hours ago, cochyn said:

If you’ve got a Firestick you can watch whatever you want. 

We’ve got Netflix, in part because it’s easier for the kids but my Kodi is set up with such ease of use that my eight year old uses it all the time for later seasons of her favourite shows that aren’t in the Netflix catalogue. 

• Upvote 1

BT has fucked my line speed from June this year and wont take any responsibility for it. Been on their fibre since 2012 and hadrock solid connections and 50Mbps download speed. I know that's snail pace for those able to get Virgin's 100Mbps but it was good enough for my needs.

Got a Roku for streaming but to be honest, all the good content was another 7 to 12 quid subscription so didnt really bother. Then started having BT issues and my speed has plummeted to just above their minimum gauranteed speed of 30Mbps (funny that eh?) and they just give me bullshit like 'have you tried rebooting your HomeHub?' etc so, not much point going all out streaming. Fucking You Tube is bad enough.

• 5 months later...

HBO Max has started here. It's 4 euro a month initially and stays half price as long as you sign up. Worth that for easy access to The Wire etc for me. 

Amazon Prime is only 3 euro here like and you get free games and delivery with that as well. 

Netflix is 15 euro for the 4K version. Fuck that. 

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Oh yeah, got a free 3 months of Apple TV. What is on there is great and shown in really high quality in both video and audio but there's not much there. Not really worth signing up after the 3 months until they add more content. 

Yeah, they definitely seem to be going with quality over quantity. No problem with that; I thought Foundation was really good, the Morning Show is held in high regard, and I want to check out Severance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Oh yeah, got a free 3 months of Apple TV. What is on there is great and shown in really high quality in both video and audio but there's not much there. Not really worth signing up after the 3 months until they add more content. 

I’ve got apple tv free too, plus Apple Music free for 6 months and I’m already an Apple Arcade subscriber.

once my freebies are done I’ll sign up to apple one, which is Apple Music, tv and arcade for £14.99 a month. £5 each.

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, they definitely seem to be going with quality over quantity. No problem with that; I thought Foundation was really good, the Morning Show is held in high regard, and I want to check out Severance. 

Severance is fucking brilliant mate.

Don't they also make For All Mankind and Ted Lasso? Both of those are really good as well.

I've not watched Foundation yet.

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Don't they also make For All Mankind and Ted Lasso? Both of those are really good as well.

Yeah, they do. Just won the Oscar for best picture too. First Streaming service to ever do it, I think. I'll be giving Severance a shot. 

27 minutes ago, Elite said:

I quite fancy For All Mankind but with Netflix, Prime and Disney + I'm fucked if I'm going to subscribe to another streaming service. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Netflix is going up to £10.99 from end of the month.  May have to cancel it soon and then resubscribe once things we watch reappear.  

Haven't you read the last dozen posts or so ?

Firestick 

Apps 

Money saved

What more do you need ?

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Haven't you read the last dozen posts or so ?

Firestick 

Apps 

Money saved

What more do you need ?

Thing is, I've been using Kodi for many years. 

Seren is boss when it works, does my head in when it always tells me that it can't connect. 

The Crew isn't working properly either. 

HBO Max is 4 euro a month for me and it's well worth it. Get in from work, press the button I've set on the telly for it, straight into quality I want to watch. It's why I bumped the thread. 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Thing is, I've been using Kodi for many years. 

Seren is boss when it works, does my head in when it always tells me that it can't connect. 

The Crew isn't working properly either. 

HBO Max is 4 euro a month for me and it's well worth it. Get in from work, press the button I've set on the telly for it, straight into quality I want to watch. It's why I bumped the thread. 

The Oath has been bang on for ages for me