Trumo

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Come on mate, be serious. Milner is not a Rhys Williams situation. 

It’s still far from ideal and was wholly avoidable. I’ve actually more of an issue with Keita starting than Milner. I’d have put in Jones or even Ox. 

I’m hopefully jinxing Keita into the performance of his life here, but I won’t hold my breath. 

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I think I'm going to hold off on the hysterical quimmage until after the game. Worse teams than our starting eleven have dealt that Utd side recently.

True. Still it's that game of the season that always puts dread in the stomach. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is Mane carrying a knock. Can't be tactical he is made to harass there shit defence.

Why can't it be tactical? Or simply rotation? He's on the bench. Same for Matip.

14 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Main and common problem with Keita and Milner is that they are not quick enough when we need to defend counter attacks. The mancs are a poor unit, with some great individual players in it, and are very good at fast counter attacks. There lies the main worry today.

Yeah, if quickness of feet was the only attribute needed to play central midfield, Fabinho would probably be 8th or 9th choice in midfield for us... It's about taking fouls at the right time, preferably as high up the pitch as possible. Keita is actually really good at this. Milner too, but he often goes in with a thunderous tackle (too late) and is subsequently booked.

I'd actually say the biggest worry is Henderson's lack of positional awareness at the 6...

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why can't it be tactical? Or simply rotation? He's on the bench. Same for Matip.

Because klopps tactics dont correspond with my own tactical genius. On premier manager I got Kidderminster to the Premier league!

2 minutes ago, lebron said:

Yeah, if quickness of feet was the only attribute needed to play central midfield, Fabinho would probably be 8th or 9th choice in midfield for us... It's about taking fouls at the right time, preferably as high up the pitch as possible. Keita is actually really good at this. Milner too, but he often goes in with a thunderous tackle (too late) and is subsequently booked.

I'd actually say the biggest worry is Henderson's lack of positional awareness at the 6...

It’s also about balance. You can to some degree get away with one CM that isn’t quick enough. Two is a completely different situation. 

47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The fact we are having play Milner for the third time in a week at his age is just a fucking joke

He's our best fit midfielder.