Trumo

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

1 minute ago, an tha said:

And it was right

Fucks sake

No matip, no fabinho - mane on bench

Our fucking squad is made of quavers.

Matip on the bench also

2 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Never are about us are they, fucksake.

Nope.

Its actually just sort of inevitable now and always in the biggest games

Fabinho is a huge loss and a massive leveller. Big test for Konate, Jota will be fine. 

Less confident we’ll win now given that midfield. 

Maybe fabihno had an issue coming back from Brazil and that's why he didn't start in Madrid. Him having to come on maybe aggravated it. Wild speculation on my part but plausible

Don't worry about Fab, folks - according to club site "The issue is not thought to be long term"....a knock to his knee sustained v atletico.

So i reckon we'll deffo have him back by April!

Just now, an tha said:

Don't worry about Fab, folks - according to club site "The issue is not thought to be long term"....

So i reckon we'll deffo have him back by April!

Yeah, awful wording that raises more questions than answers. 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Hmmm. Fabinho took a knock against Atletico. Not sure why Matip is out. Surprised Konate gets the nod over Joe topartner Virgil for such a big game.

It's his ability in the air against Ronaldo and slab head is why he's got the nod I'd say. He's also very quick.

Good team that, should be more than enough to win.

Would of course have preferred to have Fabinho at the 6 rather than Henderson, but these games are seldom about midfield control and mostly about working hard and putting the ball in the net when it matters. Let's hope Konate can give us an extra set piece threat.

Put it this way, I'd be considerably more worried if our back 6 consisted of Wan-B, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred and Mctominay!

Biggest worry in this game is the ref.

Let's go out and beat these wankers! Come on you reds!

• Upvote 1

Just now, niallers said:

It's his ability in the air against Ronaldo and slab head is why he's got the nod I'd say. He's also very quick.

Hope he bosses it but given we always put so much stock in players being in rhythm it's an odd choice to lump him in against Utd's attack cold.

If it was the plan all along you'd have thought he'd get a warm up against Watford last Saturday.

I can't believe I have to be the positive one here after I said I didn’t think we'd win, but we're playing the same midfield as we did against Watford, we're rotating with a 40m forward and an almost 40m CB. Not a huge disaster here, lads.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

Konate?  I remember him being slow with the turning circle of a cruise liner.

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Where the fuck is Thiago as well ? another one who picks up a knock and is not seen again for 6 months

Maybe back after next break according to Klopp - although he was originally slated to be back after last one.