You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can win away against a team that hasn’t lost a champions league game at home in 4 years then we should be coming here full of confidence. Their home form has been shite as well. I really hope we don’t do our usual act of being timid and shitting our kecks at old trafford.

Hate these games but if we turn it on and beat them there is no better feeling in football for me.

As I can’t go the match listening to Tyler and Neville on comms would be exquisite if we were able to get the win!!

1 hour ago, Shitty Arse said:

If we can win away against a team that hasn’t lost a champions league game at home in 4 years then we should be coming here full of confidence. Their home form has been shite as well. I really hope we don’t do our usual act of being timid and shitting our kecks at old trafford.

Hate these games but if we turn it on and beat them there is no better feeling in football for me.

As I can’t go the match listening to Tyler and Neville on comms would be exquisite if we were able to get the win!!

It's fucking bizarre how poor we frequently are against these. Even during our pomp from the early 70's to the 90's, they frequently beat us with a shittier team. It's got to be down to who wanted it most on the day. We saw it as just another game while it was their cup final, also bizarrely what they chanted at us!

We've had teams that should have spanked them more often than we did. Ifthey'd have lost on Wednesday, they'd be shitting themselves at playing us but I guess now the manc hordes will be up for it.

Return of Trent has been massive recently, and now Jones has been passed fit too. It’s also possible rat penalty fuck could be out injured.

Manchester United v Liverpool: Liverpool’s manager says Curtis Jones has recovered from his groin injury and will take a full part in training this afternoon. Thiago Alcantara, while back gambolling on the training ground grass, will not. 

Last Updated: 12:39 Friday, 22 October 2021

1h ago

Manchester United v Liverpool: Working as a pundit analysing Manchester United’s win over Atalanta on BT Sport on Wednesday night, Paul Scholes said Jurgen Klopp would be “rubbing his hands together” at the prospect of facing United on Sunday. The Liverpool manager insisted he was doing nothing of the kind. 

““I was watching the game and there was not one second where I was rubbing my hands together, I can say that,” he told reporters. “There was no reason for it. Atalanta caused United problems in the first half but even in that half, United had three clear-cut chances. Second half was a demonstration of United going for it, which can cause problems. I’m preparing the team for a tough game against a really good opponent.”

Last Updated: 12:42 Friday, 22 October 2021

1h ago

Manchester United v Liverpool: More from Jurgen Klopp on Sunday’s big game. “I prepare the team for a tough game against a really good opponent,” he said. “I prepare for Manchester United and the Battle of Britain and all these things because they have a really good team. United versus Liverpool is a massive game, obviously we know that. United are not overly happy with results so far but we all know they are able to do incredible stuff. This we know as we have already seen it.”

This Thiago lad is one seriously slow healer.

An injury originally suggested would see him miss a couple of games is now looking like a couple of months plus.

Klopp says "maybe before or for sure after the next break"

Nuts - given he was meant to be back after the break just had.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

An injury originally suggested would see him miss a couple of games is now looking like a couple of months plus.

He's our new Daniel Sturridge. Doesn't play in October, November or December.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yep. Had to double-check that myself. Looks like he's out until after the next international break. 

Shame we can't rely on him being readily available, as he's top quality. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Yep. Had to double-check that myself. Looks like he's out until after the next international break. 

Shame we can't rely on him being readily available, as he's top quality. 

It's really frustrating.

Potentially at least two months for what looked like a minor injury/was deemed to to be a minor injury initially.

14 minutes ago, m0e said:

It was never a minor injury.

Anyone falling for that shite clearly hasn't been paying attention.

It was pretty much the same injury Alisson suffered opening day 2019

Furry muff.

Probably best not to listen to Klopp on injuries....he is great of course, but his injury updates are often miles out.

When he did it it was 'a couple of games'

Then after week it was 'after international break'

Now after 5 weeks it is 'after the next international break'

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Furry muff.

Probably best not to listen to Klopp on injuries....he is great of course, but his injury updates are often miles out.

When he did it it was 'a couple of games'

Then after week it was 'after international break'

Now after 5 weeks it is 'after the next international break'

Yeah, I think he does it to avoid panic amongst the fans.

Frustration > Panic

3 hours ago, an tha said:

We knew this before we signed him. Still an absolutely baffling signing as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

We knew this before we signed him. Still an absolutely baffling signing as far as I'm concerned.

Lets see what happens when we are in trophy contention- if he's full Sturridge he'll be first out warming up on match days.

I agree though- Klopps whole ethos cant carry players like Thiago- they arent up to it for prolonged periods 

Just now, Dave D said:

Lets see what happens when we are in trophy contention- if he's full Sturridge he'll be first out warming up on match days.

I agree though- Klopps whole ethos cant carry players like Thiago- they arent up to it for prolonged periods 

I know it's a broken record, but the effective swap of him for Gini is becoming such a bum deal for us. One never missed a game, the other can barely make them. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Just realised that the Everton game that Virgil and Thiago got assaulted in was pretty much this time a year ago. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself with a rival team playing like yard dog cunts and ruining our season again. 

1349001.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000614842964-e1603104202887.jpg

I really hope we play the B team at their place. They are fucking yard dogs and shouldn't be given the opportunity to derail our season again. I'd instruct Phillips and Konate to elbow Calvert Lewin and Richarlison in the head with every contested header. I'd get metal shinguards made for the players and have them crunching into 50/50's tackles like steam trains, doing that Suarez fake injury thing after each tackle. In the dying minutes, I'd bring Sadio on and tell the team to play through balls to him across the ground. That prick Pickford would have to come off his line and stop a one on one with Sadio, and I'd instruct him to rake his studs right over Pickford's stupid face. He could disguise it as a 50/50. Fucking Bastardo!