You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

Not for me when we went there with Suarez and Moyes was in charge was probably the most confident I've ever felt going to play them.

Same here. Moyes had completely lost the dressing room, whereas Ole is just a bit shit.

United are currently like an old washed up Heavyweight. We should beat them but they are still capable of an upset as they have a knockout punch in them.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching them last night, the big danger is Rashford running in behind. Firmino will be needed in this game, to stop Fernandes dropping deep and pinging those balls against our high line. Hopefully our fullbacks pin their's back, but they've got the players to punish us if we're too gung-ho.

All said, I'm going for a dull, cagey 1-1, where both sides pack the middle of the park.

• Upvote 1

Shitting on doorsteps to one side for a minute, the UK number 1 during the above mentioned boxing day match was this krautrock banger from Shamen tribute band Boney M. The song caused a tantalising shitstorm and drew attention from many quarters not least from Pope John Paul II who called it the biggest shock of his year despite becoming the 3rd actual Pope in October 1978. In a televised press conference, Boney M lead singer Fred Dineage tried to diffuse fans outrage by declaring that 'Mary's Boy Child' was about actress Mary Tyler Moores son Jacob. In response to this blatant lie, the Pope told Fred to "shove it up his bollix" and then shouted "get right fucking into them, I'll bet you my papacy you lanky scruffy cunt" while frantically waving his wooden LFC rattle. Liverpool ran out 3 nil winners and Fred Dineage never did get to be the Pope. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

It's going to a Tylerfest of nauseous levels so I might swerve watching it live.

It's not often I'm happy to be living in the US, when it comes to the reds, but there are two reasons this weekend

1) The kick off is 11:30am so there isn't the entire day of misery leading up to it and it's straight on the ale at 1:30 if we spank 'em

2) Arlo White on NBC Sports is brilliant (Le Saux is great too and Lee Dixon mostly tolerable other than talking about Nigel Winterburn half the time) and there'll be none of that cunt Tyler for me.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's not often I'm happy to be living in the US, when it comes to the reds, but there are two reasons this weekend

1) The kick off is 11:30am so there isn't the entire day of misery leading up to it and it's straight on the ale at 1:30 if we spank 'em

2) Arlo White on NBC Sports is brilliant (Le Saux is great too and Lee Dixon mostly tolerable other than talking about Nigel Winterburn half the time) and there'll be none of that cunt Tyler for me.

I love streaming our matches and getting Arlo White and Lee Dixon talking sense, while the match thread explodes with rage at whatever horseshit the numpties from BT Sports are spouting.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we'll win. Their full backs usually do a good job of being disciplined against us and they do the thing of playing long balls to their wide forwards on the counter well, which we have trouble dealing with. We're also not really defending well at the moment. They aren't good, but they're well placed to get a result vs. us.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Shitting on doorsteps to one side for a minute, the UK number 1 during the above mentioned boxing day match was this krautrock banger from Shamen tribute band Boney M. The song caused a tantalising shitstorm and drew attention from many quarters not least from Pope John Paul II who called it the biggest shock of his year despite becoming the 3rd actual Pope in October 1978. In a televised press conference, Boney M lead singer Fred Dineage tried to diffuse fans outrage by declaring that 'Mary's Boy Child' was about actress Mary Tyler Moores son Jacob. In response to this blatant lie, the Pope told Fred to "shove it up his bollix" and then shouted "get right fucking into them, I'll bet you my papacy you lanky scruffy cunt" while frantically waving his wooden LFC rattle. Liverpool ran out 3 nil winners and Fred Dineage never did get to be the Pope. 

Fred Dinenage's daughter is a Tory MP! Just putting that out there!

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think we'll win. Their full backs usually do a good job of being disciplined against us and they do the thing of playing long balls to their wide forwards on the counter well, which we have trouble dealing with. We're also not really defending well at the moment. They aren't good, but they're well placed to get a result vs. us.

Yes. Because we're really a shambles, and have no chance of winning anything.

17 minutes ago, m0e said:

Yes. Because we're really a shambles, and have no chance of winning anything.

Shambles, no. Don't put words in my mouth, it's unbecoming. We're not defending well and I think they can sucker punch us. 

As for not winning anything, yeah that's a prediction I've made based on the way we've played this season. Not sure why it's bothered you that much. Get over it, mate. It doesn't mean it will come true, although I'm notoriously right about many things. It's just an opinion. 

• Upvote 1