You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

25 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That rapist twat should have walked. Shithouse refereeing to only issue a yellow.

As usual, Fernandes, who was nowhere near the incident, raced over to defend his hero and start shoving Liverpool players in mock-outrage. If it was a movie, he'd be played by Joe Pesci. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel fantastic.

It is a bit weird how the media have erupted into a inquisition into Manchester United without really talking about Liverpool much, though if this helps us and means we don't get built up too much that may be beneficial. Also great to see that we seem to be moving on from the psychological difficulties we've had with this fixture. Hopefully this will start with getting wins at Goodison as well.

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Watched in my mates and even though we celebrated all the goals I have to say Ronaldo's goal being disallowed got the biggest cheer of the afternoon 

Just a shame Arnold's effort didn't fly into the top corner as well

My mate said before the game that he'd love for us to be winning by a goal going into stoppage time and Ronaldo scores, does that stupid celebration, Tyler goes delirious only to have it ruled out for a gnats pube of an offside.

I prefer what actually happened, Tyler even trying to big the "goal" up with some shite about can't keep him in the shadows or some bollocks.

7 hours ago, Boss said:

Their front three should be Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Cavani coming on to offer a bit of experience here and there. Ole's built a rod for his own back by bringing in Ronaldo. He can't run anymore. He can't press, and he's basically undroppable because his ego is so massive. If Ole drops him, Ronaldo will agitate behind the scenes and destroy all confidence in Ole. Every time they lose it'll be "why didn't you start Ronaldo?".

Ronaldo also brings an expectancy of a title challenge, when the truth is they're miles off it. If they would've just played Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho, Ole could've said: "Class of 92", "give youth a chance" etc. But with Ronaldo, he doesn't have that luxury. It's a perfect storm really.

The way I see it is that Fergie signed Ronaldo and  Ole is stuck with him and his ego.

4 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Pretty much it and add his colossal wages they will find it nigh on impossible to shift him early. It’s kind of a shame pogbas contract is running down he would have been another millstone for the new manager to have to deal with. Get rid of Ronaldo and Pogba and buy 1 DM and their team looks a lot better.

I can see ronaldo going to the US after this and lapping up all the fame that will bestow upon him. But saying that is his case settled over there? 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I went to Whitby yesterday with my missus, my little girl and my in-laws dog fully intent on ignoring the build up and with the plan of trying not to look at my phone.

At about 4:30 we began ascent up the 199 steps to the abbey.

I hadn’t really noticed the time until I saw the clock face of the church at the top of the steps and my will power broke.

I checked.

Shit! 1-0 already. Get in.

Walked round to the abbey after a stop to look at the view over the town.

Gave in again and checked.

Wow! 2-0. Fucking yes!

Got back down to the town after a while and decided to go and have a pint, headed for the yacht club, “no children or dogs allowed” so we turned on our heels and back up towards the other pubs we’d passed.

Quick check. Get the fuck in! 3-0! Yes Mo!

“All welcome, including dogs”. This’ll do. Doesn’t look like they’ve got the match on either. Good. walked my girl round to the loo, then I went for a wee myself after. Headed back round.

4-0 now my missus said. Nah, still 3-0 and half time now, I said. Wrongly.

Nope, definitely 4. Hahahahaha.

Stayed in the pub til just after Pogba got his marching orders. The doorman was walking round complaining asking people if they were Liverpool fans, saying how much stick he’ll be getting when he works another pub later for karaoke night. “Full of Liverpool fans that pub” he said. A couple on the table opposite us watched the game on their phone. His face like thunder throughout, barely a word uttered. She half celebrated their “goal”, the doorman told the pub it’d been ruled out before she did. His Apple Watch alerts ahead of their mobile stream.

Oh what a lovely day.

Did you have fish and chips, Bob?

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Maguire is hilarious for Jotas goal

Comedy of errors. Maguire is overreaching for the ball so Shaw has to come and collect it for him. Both of them miss the ball, so now Arnold is unmarked on the right. Then Maguire points at the space where Jota and Milner are running, not realising that he's supposed to be in that space. But my favourite is Mc Tominay, who's watching Jota and Milner running at pace towards the goal and just jogs behind them nonchalantly. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Did you have fish and chips, Bob?

Yep. From one of the huts near the pier. Sat and ate them under the bandstand. 

Was good, but my girl had scampi and they were superb, so she won for sure.

almost immediately after fish and chips we went into the arcade, and in there went on a VR machine, which even the thought of now makes me feel sick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

That rapist twat should have walked. Shithouse refereeing to only issue a yellow.

Agree but we need them to go on a little Ole run. A solid point at Tottenham, followed by taking points off Chelsea ans City this month.

If I had to choose it would be City. They will have played some seriously hard away games so need to build up a few points on them because I don't see them dropping too many more. Fuck it though, we won't either.

Wouldn't be shocked if two of Chelsea, City and us got more than 100 points with the other on 97 or 98. 3 absolutely superior teams to the others.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Agree but we need them to go on a little Ole run. A solid point at Tottenham, followed by taking points off Chelsea ans City this month.

If I had to choose it would be City. They will have played some seriously hard away games so need to build up a few points on them because I don't see them dropping too many more. Fuck it though, we won't either.

Wouldn't be shocked if two of Chelsea, City and us got more than 100 points with the other on 97 or 98. 3 absolutely superior teams to the others.

19 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Yep. From one of the huts near the pier. Sat and ate them under the bandstand. 

Was good, but my girl had scampi and they were superb, so she won for sure.

almost immediately after fish and chips we went into the arcade, and in there went on a VR machine, which even the thought of now makes me feel sick.

Sounds like an almost exact replica of my time in Whitby a couple of years ago-including swerving that snooty looking Yacht Club. Although I like how avoiding the match involves checking for updates constantly, talking to a couple watching it on their phone and checking a bouncers Apple Watch.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Salah gets a 9 out of ten in the Guardian. What does a player - who scored a hattrick at Old Trafford, terrorised the opposition in a 0-5 win, scored in his tenth consecutive game - have to do to get ten out of ten I wonder? 

Screenshot_2021-10-25-08-40-44-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Be called Cristian Ronaldo.