You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

48 minutes ago, m0e said:

Yeah.

No way we win anything, though.

Dunno, maybe we will. I'd like us to. Was just a prediction based on how we've defended this season and today doesn't really change my thought. Great win, but nah. If you could let it go that'd be great because it's getting weird. This isn't a Daisy situation where I repeat it every day.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dunno, maybe we will. I'd like us to. Was just a prediction based on how we've defended this season and today doesn't really change my thought. Great win, but nah. If you could let it go that'd be great because it's getting weird. This isn't a Daisy situation where I repeat it every day.

tenor (19) (4).gif

26 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

To be fair it's nice when we score, he sounds like he's just suffered a bereavement. I can't tire of that

Haha, part of me looks forward to hearing his reaction to games like this too, I still think it's mad that he's the commentator when he's such a manc fan though.

5 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Confession: I somewhat admire Neville's loyalty. Its a generally good characteristic. 

Yeah, me too. He's smart enough to realise it's making him look a worse pundit, lacking objectivity, without the ability to say what we all know, that Solskjaer is hopelessly out of his depth. Yet, he carries on. Have to admire that sort of self sabotage, all because he won't call out his mate.

Ronaldo is a far, far larger inherent issue than Solskjaer. Imagine building your structure (or lack therefore) around a player going on 37 after Christmas who can't hold possession and looks like he's running in treacle now for most of the game a few choice sprints aside.

4 minutes ago, A_S said:

Ronaldo would make a fantastic option off the bench chasing a goal. But his ego simply won't allow it. 

Zidane retired entirely from the game when he was 34. This guy Ronaldo's going on 37 and going about the game as if he was 28 again. Psychotic. He may be good enough for an end-of-days Drogba type role at Chelsea where he'd come off the bench as an option (like you say): however he's completely finished as a week-in/week-out player of any merit. The fantastic thing is they put Pogba & Fernandes out of position to accommodate him (both of whom started the season well before he joined), while it also robs the midfield & defence of any sort of outlet or shield. Complete kamikaze stuff, and to think those thick pig-headed mancs were baying for him to come. Its akin to someone like Bayern taking Gerrard off us after Rodgers' final season and trying to play him behind a number 9 again.

Their front three should be Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Cavani coming on to offer a bit of experience here and there. Ole's built a rod for his own back by bringing in Ronaldo. He can't run anymore. He can't press, and he's basically undroppable because his ego is so massive. If Ole drops him, Ronaldo will agitate behind the scenes and destroy all confidence in Ole. Every time they lose it'll be "why didn't you start Ronaldo?".

Ronaldo also brings an expectancy of a title challenge, when the truth is they're miles off it. If they would've just played Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho, Ole could've said: "Class of 92", "give youth a chance" etc. But with Ronaldo, he doesn't have that luxury. It's a perfect storm really.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Boss said:

The front three should be Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Cavani coming on to offer a bit of experience here and there. Ole's built a rod for his own back by bringing in Ronaldo. He can't run anymore. He can't press, and he's basically undroppable because his ego is so massive. If Ole drops him, Ronaldo will agitate behind the scenes and destroy all confidence in Ole. Every time they lose it'll be "why didn't you start Ronaldo?".

Ronaldo also brings an expectancy of a title challenge, when the truth is they're miles off it. If they would've just played Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho, Ole could've said: "Class of 92", "give youth a chance" etc. But with Ronaldo, he doesn't have that luxury. It's a perfect storm really.

I think a competent manager could probably figure it out, but their squad really is just a nonsensical accumulation of forwards and advanced midfielders. How you mix in all of Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho, Fernandes, van De Beek, Pogba and even Lingard, who is a decent Premier League player, I honestly have no idea. Like, that's a good collection of talent but it's too many players and it's just hard to make it make sense and have a balance without having square pegs in round holes or dropping a couple players that are probably seen as quote unquote undroppable. And there's no way Ole figures it out.

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

Just watched MOTD. The post match analysis barely mentioned we were playing footy today too. Long may it continue. 

Yep. Seen a lot of grumbling that the meeja are obsessed with Yeer-nited at the expense of coverage of Liverpool. The longer they pick over that particular carcass while Liverpool are allowed to quietly get about their business, the better 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Their front three should be Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Cavani coming on to offer a bit of experience here and there. Ole's built a rod for his own back by bringing in Ronaldo. He can't run anymore. He can't press, and he's basically undroppable because his ego is so massive. If Ole drops him, Ronaldo will agitate behind the scenes and destroy all confidence in Ole. Every time they lose it'll be "why didn't you start Ronaldo?".

Pretty much it and add his colossal wages they will find it nigh on impossible to shift him early. It’s kind of a shame pogbas contract is running down he would have been another millstone for the new manager to have to deal with. Get rid of Ronaldo and Pogba and buy 1 DM and their team looks a lot better.

I can see ronaldo going to the US after this and lapping up all the fame that will bestow upon him. But saying that is his case settled over there? 

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Throw another 200 million at the "problem " and I think we will start to see Crackle really take Utd forward,  c'mon you tight fisted Glaziers get the wallet open again .

Another full back and winger should do the trick, maybe an ageing forward as well.

Just watched it back again.

Tyler on Pogbas cuntery.

"That's a good challenge by Pogba" 

Just wow. Insane comment at it comes five seconds after the tackle, Neville going uhhh as he knows that's a nasty one and Tyler just voices over him with that comment. Horrible horrible bastard.

• Upvote 3