You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be nice if the result could show an honest representation of how much better than them we are but they're such scrawpy bastards.  I'd be shocked if we have a clean sheet so we need to be clinical. I'm expecting either a poor first half from us the type that usually happens when TLW expects a win and the first 10 pages of the thread are "what the fuck is wrong with us"... "we need to do better than this" and better second half or we take the lead and go into shit the bed panic stations mode with dumb as shit decision making. I'm still livid by man city's second goal the game management was shocking we basically said heres an invitation to score. Basically it's me thats in shit the bed mode it comes with having a manc missus with her manc family. 

City look like they're on one of there 90 plus seasons, it's grim how that cheating fucking oil state has essentially robbed us of titles. We cant afford to drop points, its unbelievable that klopp and his team have even challenged them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Rumours where?

Twatter/forums.

Hopefully just shite.

Seems he was absent from last training session and that is what is driving it....could be bollocks as might have been working on own as he'd been on a different schedule to others with him going to Spain direct from Brazil last week.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Twatter/forums.

Hopefully just shite.

Seems he was absent from last training session and that is what is driving it....could be bollocks as might have been working on own as he'd been on a different schedule to others with him going to Spain direct from Brazil last week.

Yeah hopefully he's just doing his own thing, Klopp probably didn't want to play him at all vs Atletico, so having to bring him on meant his recovery schedule got affected. 

9 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah hopefully he's just doing his own thing, Klopp probably didn't want to play him at all vs Atletico, so having to bring him on meant his recovery schedule got affected. 

Lets hope so.

All too often we seem to go to the toilet short of a key men.

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City look like they're on one of there 90 plus seasons, it's grim how that cheating fucking oil state has essentially robbed us of titles. We cant afford to drop points, its unbelievable that klopp and his team have even challenged them.

Agreed, the achievement of Klopp and the team of overhauling a state with almost unlimited resources is incredible.

One of the worst aspects of this set-up is that has changed the nature of our supporter culture. Incredible wins are now greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and sighs of relief that 3 points have been attained to keep pace with the financially doped. I'm as culpable of falling into this as anyone. It's very reminiscent of the way Rangers and Celtic fans view domestic victories.

• Upvote 3

Utd away. Strange game this one. Hard to enjoy. You can't enjoy the game, it's all about the result.

I usually try to calm myself with platitudes about its lack of importance in the grand scheme of my life. But that always fails and I end up with a heart rate of 154bpm and a rabid expletive laden rant at the TV.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Be nice if the result could show an honest representation of how much better than them we are but they're such scrawpy bastards.  I'd be shocked if we have a clean sheet so we need to be clinical. I'm expecting either a poor first half from us the type that usually happens when TLW expects a win and the first 10 pages of the thread are "what the fuck is wrong with us"... "we need to do better than this" and better second half or we take the lead and go into shit the bed panic stations mode with dumb as shit decision making. I'm still livid by man city's second goal the game management was shocking we basically said heres an invitation to score. Basically it's me thats in shit the bed mode it comes with having a manc missus with her manc family. 

Yeah Chelsea look set for a big total too....going to take a lot of pts to win this league.

Gap between top sides and rest is bigger than ever.

Almost unbelievably our first loss today in what is our 9th game would see us fall 4 pts off the pace....yes it is still very early, but to potentially fall that far off pace with what would be your first loss coming in 9th game shows the level that is going to be needed.

We've already faced the two sides who are clearly our biggest rivals in any title challenge at home and failed to win (also didn't lose of course, but you would have to say those draws are better results for them than us) so have to face both away and will need to at the very least match those draws you would say.

Going to need a big total this season to get it done v the cheats and the financially doped.

It's changed the way everything is viewed now...any dropped pts are seen as a disaster, there is so little room for error - its actually sucking the joy out of it all/making it so hard every week to enjoy it as constantly feel anything less than a win is a disaster and of course week in week out the pressure is relentless....feels the ask to even challenge has changed so much.

Today is a big, big game.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yeah Chelsea look set for a big total too....going to take a lot of pts to win this league.

Gap between top sides and rest is bigger than ever.

Almost unbelievably our first loss today in what is our 9th game would see us fall 4 pts off the pace....yes it is still very early, but to potentially fall that far off pace with what would be your first loss coming in 9th game shows the level that is going to be needed.

We've already faced the two sides who are clearly our biggest rivals in any title challenge at home and failed to win (also didn't lose of course, but you would have to say those draws are better results for them than us) so have to face both away and will need to at the very least match those draws you would say.

Going to need a big total this season to get it done v the cheats and the financially doped.

It's changed the way everything is viewed now...any dropped pts are seen as a disaster, there is so little room for error - its actually sucking the joy out of it all/making it so hard every week to enjoy it as constantly feel anything less than a win is a disaster and of course week in week out the pressure is relentless....feels the ask to even challenge has changed so much.

Today is a big, big game.

It's not worth getting wound up about being in a title challenge this season. 

We simply cant sustain the pace that city and chelsea will set with our squad. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's not worth getting wound up about being in a title challenge this season. 

We simply cant sustain the pace that city and chelsea will set with our squad. 

I know our squad has some areas where we could have done more but i don't think hoping for a title challenge or even expecting one with our squad is unrealistic. 

It is going to be very tough of course as talked about in previous post above.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Surprised united haven't pulled their key players injured but are then suddenly fit for the match routine they seem to do every fucking time we play.

They did. They said Penandez was a major doubt after their CL game but he's in the squad apparently. Think they also said Maguire was 'a doubt' as well.

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Come on Liverpool. Don’t give them any space behind our fullbacks Jurgen.

Definitely be where they'll try and hurt us.

Ball over top to runner and then ball into box for that goal hanging preening prick.

Cut that out and they have little else to hurt us - shite reffing aside.

• Upvote 1