Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

PODCAST: Atletico Madrid 2 Liverpool 3 - Match Reaction

The Reds have one foot in the knock out stages following a typically eventful and controversial battle in Madrid.

Mo Salah was once again the match winner but Alisson Becker was the star performer as Jurgen Klopp's side found a way to win despite not being at their best.

Your host Chris Smith is joined by Julian Richards, John Gallagher and TLW Editor Dave Usher to unpack the events at the Wanda Metropolitano, as well as taking a look ahead to Sunday's game at Old Trafford.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Jules' breakdown of Atletico was so good I just wanted to applaud when he'd finished.

His English referees Analysis was great too. 

• Upvote 2

Great pod. Especially enjoyed learning about the private lives of some of the esteemed refs. Ha!!

And regarding Salah, his last two visits to Old Trafford have been good. 3 goals in 2 games. Although, those were all scored in an empty stadium. So who knows if he has actually scaled over the mental block of playing there.

The bit about Suarez getting narcissistic points for a tattoo of his own celebration on his neck made me laugh.

Apparently he kisses two fingers and a thumb after each goal in tribute to his wife, daughter and son, which is quite cute.

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

The bit about Suarez getting narcissistic points for a tattoo of his own celebration on his neck made me laugh.

Apparently he kisses two fingers and a thumb after each goal in tribute to his wife, daughter and son, which is quite cute.

It's a lovely gesture, he's just misunderstood.

38 minutes ago, dave u said:

It's a lovely gesture, he's just misunderstood.

Hmmmm. Get a room.