You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atlético Madrid (A) - CL, Tue 19th Oct 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lol, dear boy? Settle down, Morris. 

I think we've shown big weaknesses in game management this season. Multiple clear examples, which scares me. I also said we're very good. 

You can disagree with me, but don't act like what I said was nonsense, makes you come across as a dickhead when I have a good argument.

What's your arguement?

That because we let in a couple of goals in the champions league and dropped points to Brentford, that means we'll continue to 'struggle', and therefore not win anything?

It's scientifically nonsense, dear boy.

10 minutes ago, m0e said:

What's your arguement?

That because we let in a couple of goals in the champions league and dropped points to Brentford, that means we'll continue to 'struggle', and therefore not win anything?

It's scientifically nonsense, dear boy.

My argument is that we've shat ourselves a bunch of times this season when we've had leads and our defending and game management stinks. 4 off the top of my head, but the City game is a different scenario, so whatever on that one. That's a lot of games. Some of those games we won like tonight and Milan, but I hate how we played in those games and I don't think it bodes well for when nut crunch time comes. Sue me.

Leave it to the likes of you to be cocky about arguing against something that is quite obviously a weakness of ours and that we've seen a bunch of times already early on this season. Also, drop the dear boy thing, you don't have the swagger, intelligence or internet gravitas for it, mate. You're not me.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Lescott and Couchie on BT having none of Peter Walton's defense of their first goal.

I wasn't able to delve into their first goal completely,but why shouldn't it have stood? At first and second glance it looked OK but I've seen plenty online saying it shouldn't have stood. Cheers

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

I wasn't able to delve into their first goal completely,but why shouldn't it have stood? At first and second glance it looked OK but I've seen plenty online saying it shouldn't have stood. Cheers

Didn't see the game,but from what i have read a player was said not to be interfering with play even that he jumped over the ball on its way in

Fucking Trippier I hope he orders a coat online and when it arrives it zips on the opposite side and a load of kids say "ha ha thats a girl or gays coat" and he is too insecure in his sexuality to not be arsed and never wears it again and it just hangs in his closet as a metaphor for his own confused identity and cowardice. 

We look a bit flimsy when the opposition turn up the heat and by a bit I mean a lot. Something isn't right there we need to manage moments in the game better. We really should of bought a quality midfielder and binned half of what we have. Great result and hopefully a performance we learn from.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

My argument is that we've shat ourselves a bunch of times this season when we've had leads and our defending and game management stinks. 4 off the top of my head, but the City game is a different scenario, so whatever on that one. That's a lot of games. Some of those games we won like tonight and Milan, but I hate how we played in those games and I don't think it bodes well for when nut crunch time comes. Sue me.

Leave it to the likes of you to be cocky about arguing against something that is quite obviously a weakness of ours and that we've seen a bunch of times already early on this season. Also, drop the dear boy thing, you don't have the swagger, intelligence or internet gravitas for it, mate. You're not me.

It's like we are lacking this incredibly experienced rock solid midfielder player who never gave the ball away or let players brush past him. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Jota’s was the nudge. It was more than a slight touch. The point I was making is Jota doesn’t need to touch him. The ball is bouncing out. Just don’t give him the opportunity to go down. Another ref and that gets given.

Fair enough

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're a very good team but this and the Milan game give me pretty clear signs we won't win anything. 

We manage the game so badly against a team that are at their most vulnerable when chasing goals. Why we don't simply sit on the lead is beyond me. Our defending was horrendous. Van Dijk is having a bad season and is nowhere on the goals and most of their big chances. Very bad.

And although the ref was spot on with his decisions, we get lucky that Atletico completely shoot themselves in the foot. We're also bad after the red card.

Also, how the fuck are you a very talented footballer like Keita, you score an amazing goal and then right after you turn into such a puddle that you have to be brought off? What is wrong with this guy?

It's a good result but a bad omen.

You 're opening statement may be your opinion but IMO it's tosh. The sign of a champion is getting a positive result or as Klopp says , a dirty win. We are in this big time.

They won the league last year and haven’t lost at home in Europe for four years before tonight and were given the weekend off by La Liga to prepare for the game but here we are having a few cry arse cunts on here getting hysterical because we conceded a couple of shit goals, please give your heads a fucking wobble.

• Upvote 15

I think we've shown big weaknesses in game management this season. Multiple clear examples, which scares me. I also said we're very good. 

You can disagree with me, but don't act like what I said was nonsense, makes you come across as a dickhead when I have a good argument.

Oh dear.

You’ve deserved the two negs I’ve given you.

”proof we won’t win anything” and “scared” because you saw us win games we might’ve drawn or lost against AC Milan and Atletico Madrid? Seriously?

remember scrappy wins against Villa and Leipzig being proof we wouldn’t win anything when we won the league? Or a scrappy win and even a loss against PSG being proof we wouldn’t win anything when we won the CL tye year before?

We’ve never been game managers under Klopp, but we have been winners and seeing us find ways to win a game against the spanish champions away from home (who had had our number recently, too) gives me confidence - it certainly doesn’t scare me. 

get a grip lad.

• Upvote 1

By the way Didi was an absolute knob on RTE tonight. Athletico best team he has seen this year, Bobby ran into Griezmans foot , all decisions went Liverpool's way  , jotas was a nailed on penalty. I have defended him a few times on various topics here but came across like an Evertonian last night. Poor.

1 hour ago, Trojan1892 said:

They won the league last year and haven’t lost at home in Europe for four years before tonight and were given the weekend off by La Liga to prepare for the game but here we are having a few cry arse cunts on here getting hysterical because we conceded a couple of shit goals, please give your heads a fucking wobble.

It's probably one of the best results we've had in Europe over the last 5 years. 

I think I read as well that it was the first full capacity crowd they were allowed in Europe since lockdown as well. 

6 hours ago, niallers said:

Crouch and Lescott both stated that their player interfered with play by running in front of Joel as the ball went to the goal. 

Tbh I can see it both ways on this. I'd trust the players opinion on it before Walton's though. 

9 hours ago, CapeRed said:

A nudge...whaat. ours was a blatant pen. Theres was a slight touch and then he threw himself down. VAR picked it up thats why it was disallowed

Have to laugh with all the grappling and pulling going on , run towards goal take a slight nudge fall to the floor better chance of a penalty than blatant holding .

1) You should always be grateful for a win away to Atletico

2) We've played better against them and lost before

3) How anyone can argue against a red for studs into the side of the head of a player is absolutely beyond me.

4) Our penalty was a stonewall

5) We got lucky Jota didn't concede on after. So? Sometimes you get lucky, other times the opposition does.

6) We aren't some set of superhumans who have a devine right to results or performances, against anyone. Atletico are very good. We did enough on the night.

7) Fuck Simone

8) Fuck Suarez

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

1) You should always be grateful for a win away to Atletico

2) We've played better against them and lost before

3) How anyone can argue against a red for studs into the side of the head of a player is absolutely beyond me.

4) Our penalty was a stonewall

5) We got lucky Jota didn't concede on after. So? Sometimes you get lucky, other times the opposition does.

6) We aren't some set of superhumans who have a devine right to results or performances, against anyone. Atletico are very good. We did enough on the night.

7) Fuck Simone

8) Fuck Suarez

Our defending left a lot to be desired though. They had one trick; defend deep, position your forwards wide, long diagonals to the space behind the full backs. We failed to deal with that time and again. Could’ve been two goals down at half time. If I was Ole, I’d try and replicate the setup on the weekend with Greenwood and Rashford upfront and Bruno playing the Lemar role. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Our defending left a lot to be desired though. They had one trick; defend deep, position your forwards wide, long diagonals to the space behind the full backs. We failed to deal with that time and again. Could’ve been two goals down at half time. If I was Ole, I’d try and replicate the setup on the weekend with Greenwood and Rashford upfront and Bruno playing the Lemar role. 

Even if that works for Ole in attack, you think United are a solid defensively as Atletico?

Well done that ref for not buying their antics,mostly anyway. Their first goal was blatantly offside and the long delay with that VAR decision only enforced my belief. Incidentally,have we noticed how much longer the VAR checks in the CL are getting after being much quicker previously? We were a bit lucky with the late penalty decision but well done to the ref for seeing what their cheating scumbag player was trying to do. Alisson was brilliant and not starting Fabinho was a strange decision.

I'm not going to get hung up about goals conceded or game management at this point of the season, we've had two international breaks already after which key players have not been available, add to that a couple of injuries and probably the trickiest CL group which doesn't allow us to rotate a bit means we have not yet settled into our rhythm.