You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atlético Madrid (A) - CL, Tue 19th Oct 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Purgatory is listening to BT sport commentary on repeat whilst Macca wanks about a horse faced drama queen in a shit black suit. 

I had some Spanish guy talking ten to the dozen completely out of sync with the stream. Guess I got lucky  

Ref was very good - not influenced by all their histrionics at all.

Only one i had a real issue with was him booking TAA - i half missed it so may be wrong here, but looked like he penalised him for handball, only caught a glimpse but looked like an accident to me then he lashed a shot away and got booked....i was on way back from the toilet so as say only caught a bit of it, but looked harsh?

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Only one i had a real issue with was him booking TAA - i half missed it so may be wrong here, but looked like he penalised him for handball, only caught a glimpse but looked like an accident to me then he lashed a shot away and got booked....i was on way back from the toilet so as say only caught a bit of it, but looked harsh?

The Milner booking was complete joke . 

• Upvote 2

Well I dont know how anyone can say our players should be little Atletico shits were once again. Some might want our players to be like that but I dont. They were shits all night. As for Simeone fucking off down the tunnel so he didnt have to shake Jurgen's hand, little snide, you and your team got what you deserved.

Griezeman a deserved red with his foot in Bobby's face. He might not have meant anything malicious but it's dangerous intent.

But what I want to know is why cant we play against 10 men? It's not the first time we look poor playing 10. When the oppos have a man sent off, we regularly look as if it's us with the 10 men! Passes are overhit and to no one, we dont seem to win a thing in the air. Looking at the game since the sending off, you wouldnt think Atletico were down to 10. WTF is going on?

Considering the ref was giving them a free kick just about every little nudge, I thought we were lucky to escape their penalty shout. The contact was less than ours but Jota could so easily have been judged to have knocked the player over. Would have been really frustrating as he wasnt getting to the ball anyway.

The win just about seals progression to the knock outs so it's hard to be critical all things considered. They had extra help from La Liga with a postponement of their league game while we were made to play a Saturday 12:30 kick off. But hey, the 14, sorry, 13 minnows in the PL rule the shop seeing as Newcastle arent one of them any more, couldnt give a fuck about clubs in Europe. Ithought we looked well jaded before the end.

Hopefully, no one has picked up knocks from this and all fit to face the mancs. Well done redmen.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Kicked the ball away and their players were up in arms, strangely.