You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Oct 11-15 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Oct 11:

Ox is linked with a move back to Arsenal. What the fuck has he done to deserve that? I can see why he might think he needs to move on, but going back there is a fate worse than death. Ok, slight exaggeration, but he got out of there because they were shit, he tasted the high life here, going back there when they’re even more shit than when he left, I mean, how can you rationalise that to yourself? Honestly, if I’m Ox I’m going to any other club in London before I got back there. 

You know what that would be like? When you’ve done a load of work and not saved it, and the computer crashes and you realise you’ve got to do it all again and you just can’t face it. If I’m Ox I’d rather retire than go back to Arsenal.

Gini isn’t happy at PSG. He’s been no more than a squad player there so far and he says it hasn’t gone the way he expected. I take no pleasure in that but I don’t particularly sympathise either. He went there for a massive pay cheque and he’s still getting that whether he plays or not. If he’d gone there for footballing reasons then I might feel differently, but he’s got his cake so he should just eat it and enjoy it. Don’t complain about not being allowed to sit at Messi and Neymar’s table while you eat.

Messi is probably the reason he isn’t playing. He 100% seems like the kind of petty, bitter little twat who would hold a grudge against a player who embarrassed him. Probably had it put into his contract that he has the power to drop Wijnaldum any time he likes. Little shithouse.

Tuesday Oct 12:

Trouble at Wembley during the England / Hungary game. The Hungary fans were kicking off during the taking of the knee, the police went in and just as quickly then the police got out again, tails between their legs. Those Hungarian lads aren’t to be messed with. Half that away end were big bald nazi cunts who looked like MMA fighters and they beat the fucking snot out of those coppers and chased them out of their end. Probably should have sent the army in. Or Millwall.

There was one fella who decked two baton wielding coppers in the space of a couple of seconds. Just flatted both of them with left hooks. Usually you’d be able to identify him using CCTV, but the description of “big, bald and mean as fuck” applies to half of that away end. 

I saw one wag on twitter suggest that “someone should have told the coppers there was a vigil for a murdered young woman in there. They’d have waded right in then”. Harsh but not wrong. I can only hope those that got their heads kicked in were the bad apples and not the good coppers.

The most jaw dropping thing was England fans singing “you racist bastards, you know what you are”. Yeah I got nothing to add. Speechless. 

John Arne Riise says we need to sign Haaland because if he ends up at City they’ll be unbeatable. Great insight there ginge. Now can you also tell us how we can match whatever crazy figure City will throw at him and his cunt agent? I’ve been saying it for ages but Haaland to City is the most nailed on transfer in years. The only thing that can stop it is if the Saudi offer him £2m a week or something, which you can’t rule out.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

I haven’t paid much attention to other teams this season but I watched one of the Brazil games, against Columbia, because it was the last one on my acca, so it inevitably finished 0-0. 

Brazil were shite. Fred, Gabriel Jesus and even Fabinho were ridiculously poor but Neymar was on another level. He was picking the ball up all over the pitch and giving it straight back every time without fail. 

That Raphina came on and it was the first time I’ve watched him properly. He was really good. Best player on the pitch by a mile. If he’d have started the game, Brazil would have won. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Anubis said:

I just don’t see how the Newcastle deal was approved behind anyone’s back. Doesn’t the PL committee consist of representatives from all clubs. How could it have been done without the others knowing?

That's how it was reported last week. The clubs were apparently 'seething'. Doesn't look like it though does it? They had months to let it be known they wouldn't accept it, but the problem is at least half the owners in the league quite fancy the idea of selling to someone like the saudis for a big profit so they dont want to cut their nose off to spite their face.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

That's how it was reported last week. The clubs were apparently 'seething'. Doesn't look like it though does it? They had months to let it be known they wouldn't accept it, but the problem is at least half the owners in the league quite fancy the idea of selling to someone like the saudis for a big profit so they dont want to cut their nose off to spite their face.

Which ironically is one of the punishments in Saudi.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Negged for adopting American titles, when, as Dave accurately wrote, you're a deputy head. Vice Principal my arse. 

Did I write deputy? My mistake.

I meant 'slap'.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

DEFBCEF6-1D1A-449C-AAC5-78D3CE3AA741.jpeg

Never knew he read the round-up. Is he gold Dave, or are you giving complimentaries to the rich and famous?

I did used to call him "parsnip nose nan's hair" because that was my brother in laws go-to insult for him, but cabbage head is defo not one of mine!

• dave u unpinned this topic