42 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
    • Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence
    • Ben E King - Stand By Me
    • Aretha Franklin - Ain't No Way
    • Neil Young - Hey Hey, My My

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/21 at 11:36

Stand By Me. I remember being about 15 and some wool prick and his mates had filled my mate in on the bus when he was on his own. A few of us got a bus down to Thatto Heath to get them back (as you do when you're little nobheads) and some older lad we kind of knew pulled up in his car to tell us they were on their way up and there was more of them, he had Stand By Me playing in his car and they appeared. 3 of our lot ran off and it was just me and my mate. We ran straight into it and knocked the fuck out of them (well the ones who didn't run) I'm aware that sounds like an "I go the gym, annie road army punk" story but that song, and that film just made me stay at that moment and think these are the moments that define you. 

I suspect Doctor Troy knows the lad. 

The Sound of Silence for me. I believe The Sound of Silence was the single but it was the album which was titled The Sounds of Silence. The single was originally named in the same way as the album but it was changed for a reason I can't be arsed looking up as I've been pedantic enough by pissing on Stig's hard work.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Sound of Silence for me. I believe The Sound of Silence was the single but it was the album which was titled The Sounds of Silence. The single was originally named in the same way as the album but it was changed for a reason I can't be arsed looking up as I've been pedantic enough by pissing on Stig's hard work.

Piss all you want mate. Skins waterproof. 

I probably would have voted for Hey, Hey, My, My (Into the Black), because it's awesome. The acoustic version (together with Sounds of Silence) runs Stand By Me close, but there's just something simple and pure about the Ben E King song that makes it universal and timeless.