You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Oh, and the centre of every cursed britrock venn diagram, The Charlatans.

Have you seen them live? 

Oh and loads to argue the toss about on here but for 21 minutes Queen (Well, Freddie) produced arguably the greatest live show the world has ever and probably will ever see. I'm not a huge Queen fan but fuck me. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you seen them live? 

Oh and loads to argue the toss about on here but for 21 minutes Queen (Well, Freddie) produced arguably the greatest live show the world has ever and probably will ever see. I'm not a huge Queen fan but fuck me. 

I couldn't say it was boring but I think this 'greatest live performance ever' consensus for Queen at Live Aid needs looking at.

Personally I can think of about two hundred thousand live performances I'd rather watch than that shite.

Harry Belafonte must've been turning in his grave.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mook said:

I couldn't say it was boring but I think this 'greatest live performance ever' consensus for Queen at Live Aid needs looking at.

Personally I can think of about two hundred thousand live performances I'd rather watch than that shite.

Yeah but he's white so no wonder you don't give a shit mate 

On 15/10/2021 at 10:01, Bjornebye said:

I don't know much more by them but One Day Like This is a superb song 

My first exposure to Elbow was Newborn, I love that song. Just hit a chord with me at the time. 

Guy is a good lad as well, here’s a stealth pic I got of him standing by us at a Doves gig. He was singing his heart out the whole way through. 

A42E4096-6166-4041-BF40-87592D29BF7A.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, paddyberger said:

My first exposure to Elbow was Newborn, I love that song. Just hit a chord with me at the time. 

Guy is a good lad as well, here’s a stealth pic I got of him standing by us at a Doves gig. He was singing his heart out the whole way through. 

Comes across as a good bloke on 6 music, and his missus is a little darlin'!

3 hours ago, Mook said:

I imagine he would be.

If he was dead. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Used to drink with him occasionaly before they were massive and he's one of the nicest guys, no pun intended, you'll ever meet, we shared a local in Manchester when I was at University there.

Many drunked smoking area conversations about life, love and all inbetween with him and never had a harsh word for any other soul.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Used to drink with him occasionaly before they were massive and he's one of the nicest guys, no pun intended, you'll ever meet, we shared a local in Manchester when I was at University there.

Many drunked smoking area conversations about life, love and all inbetween with him and never had a harsh word for any other soul.

That’s pretty much all I’ve heard said about him. He’s just seems like an all round good egg.

I can take or leave them in the main but he’s a great singer and loves his music. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Whilst Elbow dont do much for me, I agree that Garvey comes across as a top bloke and I really enjoy his shows on 6Music. I'm sure he'll be delighted when Bruce lets him know.

id actually add Elbow to my 2 picks above 

saw them at their height at a music festival here in Ireland, a mate of mine was mad into them and was adamant we'd have to see them.

After 15 minutes into their set he turns to me and says. "its fucking shit isnt it", i just nodded my head in agreement, they where really bad. no energy what so ever. 

But as stated above, the lead singer seems a top bloke, a radio station here in Dublin was running a charity thing for homeless people a few years ago and the chap from Elbow donated a hefty amount at the time. Reallt good deed and came across great. 

Still shite music though

I don't have a strong opinion on Guy Garvey or Elbow but know someone who absolutely hates him. He watched Elbow at Latitude and reckoned Garvey was on a massive ego trip and just wanted to milk the audience instead of providing the entertainment himself. 

This guy is a 50 year old South African that looks like Willie Nelson and therefore this combination of rant and bloke together amused me deeply. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So he's not Denis Tooth then?

‘Asleep In The Back’ is a masterpiece and something that the majority will never listen to, sadly. Year and years of toil and rejection, it’s almost bitter in its beauty.

The rest is brilliance spattered with a few ‘Elbow’ songs that are what seems to be picked up in, the rest of the album tracks are brilliant.

Just try and tell me this isn’t stunning…

• Upvote 1