You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He was a dribbling cunt then to be fair. 

He was meant to support Oasis at the Rose Bowl in Southampton with Babyshambles, the fucker didn't show up (which I didn't mind because The Coral were also supporting and just played a longer set) two days later he was in the paper having been found smacked out of his nut in a Paris hotel room. 

Him and Carl Barat wrote some superb music together, unfortunately their relationship was toxic (heroin, booze, fights etc) a bit like that ex you could never have stayed with but you'll always miss the sex. 

yep, and that was that, sadly.  

13 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Both of whom can fuck right off

Adele - Critics gushing over the same album she's put out the third time running, whinging about her relationship troubles, playing block chords on the piano.

Gallagher - He's Liam Gallagher

Lady Penelope is boss, you bastard. Adele looks nothing like her!

2 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Foo Fighters

Kings of Leon

Johnny Cash

Blur

Anything Weller related

I can understand all of these except for Kings of Leon. Don't think you'll find anyone who's proper into them, they're the answer in a sudden death round at a pub quiz

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

They were the in thing for a while but yeah, not much staying power. 

I always saw them as the bookmark where indie landfill shite began to fade out at the end of the 00's 

Walked past a parked car earlier and the driver had 'I predict a riot' blasting as loud as possible with the windows wound up. Felt so sorry for him

3 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Adele - Critics gushing over the same album she's put out the third time running, whinging about her relationship troubles, playing block chords on the piano.

Yeah Adele's new song sounds like the rest, IMO you can't be considered a great music act unless your music and even your look has changed over the years. 

The Beatles, Jacko, Madonna, most of their albums are distinct, as are their looks and styles and music in general. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah Adele's new song sounds like the rest, IMO you can't be considered a great music act unless your music and even your look has changed over the years. 

The whole gimmick of naming her albums after her age at the time of recording sort of invites you to look for signs of personal and artistic growth; if they're not there, that's a bit embarrassing.

41 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The whole gimmick of naming her albums after her age at the time of recording sort of invites you to look for signs of personal and artistic growth; if they're not there, that's a bit embarrassing.

She's kicked off until she had the 'shuffle' button removed on Spotify , as she is apparently telling a story and we must listen to it in full and in the right order to assuage her ego.

4 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Don't mind Liam to be honest. Noel on the other hand...

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Phil Collins’ comments on Adele: “She’s a slippery little fish,” he told Teri White in 2014. “She got hold of me and asked if I would write with her. She gave me a piece of music to finish and at first I didn’t know if I’d failed the audition as I didn’t hear from her. Then she said, ‘No, no: I’m moving house and the baby’s taking up a lot of my time. I’m not actually doing anything at the moment.’ And now I’ve heard there’s a 29 [sic] coming out. I’m not on it, I know that.”

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The Beatles, Jacko, Madonna, most of their albums are distinct, as are their looks and styles and music in general. 

Having to change your look to be considered a great music artist is one of the most ridiculous concepts I've read in a while.

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah that's why I said IMO, music is all about opinions, unless it's you seemingly in which case it's fact.

You're not just talking about music though, you're talking about their image.

If we're bringing that stuff into it, Kylie Minogue is a greater music artist than Charlie Parker.