You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

As a kid, loved Queen growing up. Still a little fan of Queen I & II. With The Eagles, same again as a kid. Loved Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane, plus Take It Easy is a karaoke favourite of mine. But as you get older, fuck me you boring pricks. 

Nickleback - Agree. Oasis, said this all along about one great album etc. Did have a few good tunes after though. Massively Insignificant compared to the likes of The Beatles etc. With the Monkeys, I like most of their stuff but that last album. The “concept” album was beyond self-indulgent. Take a break off the beak lad. 

1. Post Black Album Metallica. Lara Ulrich is and always has been shit. Kirk Hammett is a wet wipe as well. 

2. Coldplay - few good tunes and I’m

sure Chris Martin is the nice guy he appears to be but my god they bore me to fucking death. 

3. Shack - Never got the love for these. Tried and tried again but get bored listening to them. I did like Senior Pussycat by Mick Head though. 

4. Travis - Mind the sausage dogs Fran you boring bastard. 

5. Most British Indie bands from the 90’s. 

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I have to agree, Skids. Everyone raved about HMS Fable at the time, i tried and tried (ie i listened to it at least three times) before realising it wasn't for me. Not the worst thing i'd heard, but not the masterpiece loads claimed it to be. Life's too short to try and convince yourself that something is good just because other people tell you it is. 

The same thing happened with The Arctic Monkeys first album too. A mate tried to interest me in The Courteeners also. Under normal circumstances i probably should like all of these, as my tastes can veer towards that style, but i just couldn't get into any of them. In The Courteeners case they were genuinely awful, whereas i could hear the talent with The Arctic Monkeys and Shack, it just wasn't for me.    

Fascinating pop trivia time. I bought my first bass off the guy (his name actually was Guy) that went on to play bass on "Here's Tom with the weather" by Shack. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Also, Ryan Adams. I fell asleep at Green Man festival when he was on. Dull.

Who is the duller though? Ryan Adams or Bryan Adams. That is the question. 

Having only heard about one RA song i'd have to go with Bryan, for the Robin Hood song alone. Although finding out that "Summer of 69" wasn't written about the year, but about the other 69, put him up a notch in my estimation. 

21 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Who is the duller though? Ryan Adams or Bryan Adams. That is the question. 

Having only heard about one RA song i'd have to go with Bryan, for the Robin Hood song alone. Although finding out that "Summer of 69" wasn't written about the year, but about the other 69, put him up a notch in my estimation. 

What's this? 

And I don't know what Irish rebel music has got to do with either to be honest 

42 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

James Brown

Bruce Springsteen 

Buddy Holly

The Ramones 

Otis Redding

I know you're taking the piss but how did I forget The Ramones?

Sounds like a load of demented chimpanzees have been given musical instruments, and one of them was a fucking rent boy as well. Do they not have paper rounds over there?

Not only were they utter shite but they also spawned U2 and a million of those morons wearing t-shirts of bands they've never heard.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

I know you're taking the piss but how did I forget The Ramones?

Sounds like a load of demented chimpanzees have been given musical instruments, and one of them was a fucking rent boy as well. Do they not have paper rounds over there?

Not only were they utter shite but they also spawned U2 and a million of those morons wearing t-shirts of bands they've never heard.

Bonzo goes to bitburg was a tune though, as was the KKK took my baby way

• Upvote 1

Lots of misplaced Queen hate as well, I get that most only know them as the stadium rockers post Live Aid and I agree that THAT Queen were shite but their first five albums are very, very good and Mercury as a front man was bettered by nobody. I saw them at the Liverpool Empire in 1979 and although I was only 14 it remains the greatest gig I’ve ever been to and I’ve been to a few gooduns.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Lots of misplaced Queen hate as well, I get that most only know them as the stadium rockers post Live Aid and I agree that THAT Queen were shite but their first five albums are very, very good and Mercury as a front man was bettered by nobody. I saw them at the Liverpool Empire in 1979 and although I was only 14 it remains the greatest gig I’ve ever been to and I’ve been to a few gooduns.

Aye, I like the first couple of Queen albums myself but the music they made from the late 70s onwards was unforgivable.

• Upvote 2