You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

For me, "boring" implies monotony, safety, shunning reinvention and endlessly repeating the same old formulas in the same tired old styles. And that Girls Aloud song on its own is three genres in one.

Both mega right and mega wrong in the same post

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

For me, "boring" implies monotony, safety, shunning reinvention and endlessly repeating the same old formulas in the same tired old styles. And that Girls Aloud song on its own is three genres in one.

Only one living entity in the known universe would place Girls Aloud as less boring than Stevie Wonder. All other life in the universe peeked in, said 'this place is doomed' and continued their search for intelligent life.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Don't know the Girls Aloud track but congrats on a near perfect description of Oasis and all the solo output from the tedious eye-brow brothers. 

Could add 4-chord 70's Slade / Quo repetitive rhythms, nursery-rhyme song writing, and probably the most monotone wannabee to ever front a band. 

How's that for being a bitch?

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I heard Jamie Webster and cringed so hard I snapped my spine. Then it made me think of a BOSS night and TAW and cringed so hard my spine snapped back into place. Win!

I can see why this happens. I think the same about Gerry Cinnamon and I don’t mind Jamie. I think it ends up being guilty by association to those who follow you (the artists, not me) 

It’s defo that some Scouse solidarity is involved there as well. And he seems a sound lad to boot. Wouldn’t catch me at a BOSS gout though. Too many Stig’s there. 

30 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Queen - Awful, overblown garbage

Nickelback - Why do the even exist?

The Eagles - the worst of the worst of bland Americana

Oasis - One decent album and then rinse and repeat with diminishing returns

Arctic Monkeys - Tedious 

As a kid, loved Queen growing up. Still a little fan of Queen I & II. With The Eagles, same again as a kid. Loved Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane, plus Take It Easy is a karaoke favourite of mine. But as you get older, fuck me you boring pricks. 

Nickleback - Agree. Oasis, said this all along about one great album etc. Did have a few good tunes after though. Massively Insignificant compared to the likes of The Beatles etc. With the Monkeys, I like most of their stuff but that last album. The “concept” album was beyond self-indulgent. Take a break off the beak lad. 

1. Post Black Album Metallica. Lara Ulrich is and always has been shit. Kirk Hammett is a wet wipe as well. 

2. Coldplay - few good tunes and I’m

sure Chris Martin is the nice guy he appears to be but my god they bore me to fucking death. 

3. Shack - Never got the love for these. Tried and tried again but get bored listening to them. I did like Senior Pussycat by Mick Head though. 

4. Travis - Mind the sausage dogs Fran you boring bastard. 

5. Most British Indie bands from the 90’s. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Shack - Never got the love for these. Tried and tried again but get bored listening to them. I did like Senior Pussycat by Mick Head though. 

I have to agree, Skids. Everyone raved about HMS Fable at the time, i tried and tried (ie i listened to it at least three times) before realising it wasn't for me. Not the worst thing i'd heard, but not the masterpiece loads claimed it to be. Life's too short to try and convince yourself that something is good just because other people tell you it is. 

The same thing happened with The Arctic Monkeys first album too. A mate tried to interest me in The Courteeners also. Under normal circumstances i probably should like all of these, as my tastes can veer towards that style, but i just couldn't get into any of them. In The Courteeners case they were genuinely awful, whereas i could hear the talent with The Arctic Monkeys and Shack, it just wasn't for me.    

26 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I have to agree, Skids. Everyone raved about HMS Fable at the time, i tried and tried (ie i listened to it at least three times) before realising it wasn't for me. Not the worst thing i'd heard, but not the masterpiece loads claimed it to be. Life's too short to try and convince yourself that something is good just because other people tell you it is. 

The same thing happened with The Arctic Monkeys first album too. A mate tried to interest me in The Courteeners also. Under normal circumstances i probably should like all of these, as my tastes can veer towards that style, but i just couldn't get into any of them. In The Courteeners case they were genuinely awful, whereas i could hear the talent with The Arctic Monkeys and Shack, it just wasn't for me.    

Also agree on The Courteeners. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

As a kid, loved Queen growing up. Still a little fan of Queen I & II. With The Eagles, same again as a kid. Loved Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane, plus Take It Easy is a karaoke favourite of mine. But as you get older, fuck me you boring pricks. 

Nickleback - Agree. Oasis, said this all along about one great album etc. Did have a few good tunes after though. Massively Insignificant compared to the likes of The Beatles etc. With the Monkeys, I like most of their stuff but that last album. The “concept” album was beyond self-indulgent. Take a break off the beak lad. 

1. Post Black Album Metallica. Lara Ulrich is and always has been shit. Kirk Hammett is a wet wipe as well. 

2. Coldplay - few good tunes and I’m

sure Chris Martin is the nice guy he appears to be but my god they bore me to fucking death. 

3. Shack - Never got the love for these. Tried and tried again but get bored listening to them. I did like Senior Pussycat by Mick Head though. 

4. Travis - Mind the sausage dogs Fran you boring bastard. 

5. Most British Indie bands from the 90’s. 

Shack? Never heard of the cunts. Too obscure to mentioned I reckon.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Shack? Never heard of the cunts. Too obscure to mentioned I reckon.

They're a Merseyside band, I think one of the band members was a drug addict at one point. They seemed to influence bands like The Coral and Elbow. 

18 hours ago, Captain Willard said:
  1. The Who especially the rock opera crap. Saw them at the O2 and everyone went to the bar when Pete Townsend started playing that shit. 
  2. Joy division - does anyone still actually listen to them ?
  3. Manic Street Preachers - 6th form politics
  4. Fleetwood Mac - saw them also at the 02, lots of drum solos
  5. Van Morrison - 1 decent song and a lifetime of being a surly cunt. 

Interesting you say that - one of them (maybe Richey Edwards) accused Paul Weller of that (The Jam's songs). Actually, it was worse - along the lines of "oh, read '1984', have we"?

I can understand people not liking The Who after all they're a lads band (read into that what you will) but boring ???

Fuck me if there's one thing The Who ain't it's boring

As for boring....

Coldplay (say no more)

Queen (Never liked them, boring fuckers especially John Deacon and Brian May and as for that Live Aid performance) 

Elbow (Guy Garvey's suicidal voice manages to make every song sound like every song they've ever recorded)

Gun's 'N' Roses (It's not exactly smashing hotel rooms turning up hours late for concerts)

Joy Division (that boring even Ian Curtis called it a day )

• Upvote 3

Just now, Stickman said:

I can understand people not liking The Who after all they're a lads band (read into that what you will) but boring ???

Fuck me if there's one thing The Who ain't it's boring

As for boring....

Coldplay (say no more)

Queen (Never liked them, boring fuckers especially John Deacon and Brian May and as for that Live Aid performance) 

Elbow (Guy Garvey's suicidal voice manages to make every song sound like every song they've ever recorded)

Gun's 'N' Roses (It's not exactly smashing hotel rooms turning up hours late for concerts)

Joy Division (that boring even Ian Curtis called it a day )

I don't know much more by them but One Day Like This is a superb song 

The Manics aren't my cup of tea really but any band who has got behind the Hillsborough campaign like they have (i.e. NOT MANY) and tried to raise awareness of the disaster (and other occurrences of injustice in recent British history) makes them immune from criticism, and surely especially on a Liverpool forum.

• Upvote 5

Oasis - glad its just not me then.

The Smiths -  there is enough misery in the world without listening to their dirges.

Led Zepplin - I've tried again and again, but dull.A few very good songs but so many crappy tales of hobbits and wizzards. Stairway to Heaven Aargh.

Iron Maiden -  just a noise

Modern RandB acts. Any of them.

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Interesting you say that - one of them (maybe Richey Edwards) accused Paul Weller of that (The Jam's songs). Actually, it was worse - along the lines of "oh, read '1984', have we"?

Though apparently Paul Weller is a dick. George Michael said to him at the recording of the Band aid single, "Paul, don't be a wanker every day, take a day off sometimes"

• Upvote 2