You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Prince???? Prince????? You’ve had a Weston Super-Mare with that take. Maybe the least boring artist ever! The fella was playing in high heels and suspenders in his teens and recording albums where he played every instrument on it. Singer, dancer, musician, producer, writer, you name it. Wrote dozens of hits for himself and others. ‘Kinell!!! If Prince is boring, what the fuck are your beloved Oasis (who I don’t mind, by the way)??? 

Enough about you mate, back to Prince. I don't think he's shit at all (like I said - he quite clearly isn't) but the acclaim he gets doesn't quite add up to his output in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That’s the era I started out listening to. I just don’t see/hear it. 

There was a time where I wasn't big Keith Moon fan, then I saw this and everything changed. If you watch this right through & still feel the same about him, fair enough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Prince???? Prince????? You’ve had a Weston Super-Mare with that take. Maybe the least boring artist ever! The fella was playing in high heels and suspenders in his teens and recording albums where he played every instrument on it. Singer, dancer, musician, producer, writer, you name it. Wrote dozens of hits for himself and others. ‘Kinell!!! If Prince is boring, what the fuck are your beloved Oasis (who I don’t mind, by the way)??? 

He certainly made doves cry with that pick. 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Only realised it says "acts" and not "groups" in the title.

Jimi Hendrix 

Johnny Cash 

Sam Cooke

Andrea Bocelli

Michael Jackson 

th?id=OIP.3PKkmfzKF0GKjWuv_pZmTgHaIz%26p

Jimi Hendrix, really boring?! The man had Lemmy Kilmister as his roadie. He took enough drugs to wipe out the population of Panama. He lit guitars on fire and fucked them onstage. You can dislike him, fine, but boring? No. Never.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Boss said:

th?id=OIP.3PKkmfzKF0GKjWuv_pZmTgHaIz%26p

Jimi Hendrix, really boring?! The man had Lemmy Kilmister as his roadie. He took enough drugs to wipe out the population of Panama. He lit guitars on fire and fucked them onstage. You can dislike him, fine, but boring? No. Never.

I think it's Kevin doing Kevin D things and taking the piss. If he's serious, he should be sectioned.

I think some people are misunderstanding this thread, nobody is saying they're shit, but that they're boring. 

Cash, while supremely talented, is a depressing bloke who writes and sings about depressing shit (famously so).

And the Smiths. Half their songs are about being on the dole ffs 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Most of the shouts in here are spot on to be fair. Having a very hard time whittling the dozens of suggestions already made down to five. I'd definitely add Stevie Wonder though. Music by the blind, for the deaf.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Only realised it says "acts" and not "groups" in the title.

Jimi Hendrix 

Johnny Cash 

Sam Cooke

Andrea Bocelli

Michael Jackson 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Racist. 

Seems a pretty balanced list to me. Three black men and three white men. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think some people are misunderstanding this thread, nobody is saying they're shit, but that they're boring. 

Cash, while supremely talented, is a depressing bloke who writes and sings about depressing shit (famously so).

And the Smiths. Half their songs are about being on the dole ffs 

Nah, you've got Cash all wrong there mate. The big hitters from the American recordings may have seemed maudlin, but the majority of his career was far more upbeat. His duets with June were joyful, and loads of songs were tongue-in-cheek like A Boy Named Sue.

• Upvote 1