You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 really boring musical acts everyone buzzes off

Chris

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Obviously Bob Marley was playing reggae first,but my point was that integrating reggae into a culture that had attracted a strong racist element,mainly through skinheads,gave the movement a major boost and watered down the racist element who followed punk at the time. Just as significantly the Ska boom was running alongside so a popular multicultural anti racist movement had developed at a time when racism existed quite openly.

That's completely different to the point you made initially but fair enough.

The War on Drugs - It's like an AI algorithm has been played every Dad song from the 1980's and been told to appropriate it into one homogenous mess. It kind of sounds like Bruce Springsteen, then It's Bob Dylan, then you sort of hear Dire Straits and Deacon Blue but there's nothing really there behind the eyes. The Patrick Bateman of bands. 

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I meant the 1978 Rock Against Racism concert,not a particular song. 

Yea, good point, they were certainly very much amongst a group that supported and listened to reggae artists. I think Don Letts probably had alot of influence on the Clash by that time. Anywho, the integrated bands certainly provided a visual that was more powerful than Strummer in that regard, for me at least. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Trying to work out if the first three are a yellow or red card offence.

I know they are all musically proficient and certainly have songs I like. They’ve never quite done it for me the way I’m told they’re supposed to though. 

They’re all a lot better than the latter two. 

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

The War on Drugs - It's like an AI algorithm has been played every Dad song from the 1980's and been told to appropriate it into one homogenous mess. It kind of sounds like Bruce Springsteen, then It's Bob Dylan, then you sort of hear Dire Straits and Deacon Blue but there's nothing really there behind the eyes. The Patrick Bateman of bands. 

They are fucking terrible. I saw them in Utrecht and walked out on them. Awful stuff. 

The Smiths - Can't separate the art from the artist. Morrissey is that much of a weapon 

Muse - Queen for people with no sense of humour 

Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child is pish and Welcome to the jungle is basically a Mötorhead B side with awful vocals 

The Jam - Don't get the hype about Paul Weller at all   

Eminem - hasn't made a good album in over 20 years. Still sells out arenas worldwide regardless

Just now, Ken Robber said:

The Smiths - Can't separate the art from the artist. Morrissey is that much of a weapon 

Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child is pish and Welcome to the jungle is basically a Mötorhead B side with awful vocals 

Eminem - hasn't made a good album in over 20 years. Still sells out arenas worldwide regardless

Get this thread in the bin 

10 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

With you on all of them (the Jam and Muse are excellent shouts) except Guns. 'Appetite' captured a moment in time perfectly and is anything but boring. Everything else they've done is fair game, but that one album is one of the GOAT.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

Haha! To be fair, I was the least scathing about them. Carnation is a great song for a start. I just don't get why people bum off Paul Weller

You know who bums off Paul Weller? Mods. You know who were absolute bell ends? Mods. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

Haha! To be fair, I was the least scathing about them. Carnation is a great song for a start. I just don't get why people bum off Paul Weller

I wouldn't bum him or get bummed by him but he's boss. The Jam are superb and I like The Style Council and his solo stuff too. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Far from shite, In-fact obviously very very fucking good but not as good as the wank fest over them 

Elvis

Aerosmith

Prince

Led Zeppelin

Radiohead

Prince???? Prince????? You’ve had a Weston Super-Mare with that take. Maybe the least boring artist ever! The fella was playing in high heels and suspenders in his teens and recording albums where he played every instrument on it. Singer, dancer, musician, producer, writer, you name it. Wrote dozens of hits for himself and others. ‘Kinell!!! If Prince is boring, what the fuck are your beloved Oasis (who I don’t mind, by the way)??? 

• Upvote 3