You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group AA

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group AA  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Martha & The Muffins - Echo Beach
    • Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
    • Neil Young - Hey Hey My My
    • The Beatles - It's All To Much
    • Sam Cooke - Get Yourself Another Fool

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/21 at 08:57

Tough one between Neil Young and Radiohead, I don't mind It's all too Much but it would be way down in a list of the best Beatles songs.

Gone with Radiohead, although again as Skids alludes to, it wouldn't be troubling a top 20 best Radiohead songs list either.   

I only knew the Radiohead song which I absolutely love, gave the others a listen liked Neil Young and Sam Cooke's song but they aren't beating Fake plastic trees for me. I am one of the few that prefer The Bends to OK Computer and this is the 2nd best track after High and Dry on that album. 

Fuck me, this is a group!

I loved Echo Beach when it first came out, but it hasn't really aged that well.

Fake Plastic Trees is really decent, as far as Radiohead songs go (although that's faint praise, as far as I'm concerned).

Hey, Hey, My, My is a stone cold classic, but My, My, Hey, Hey is better.  Get the Weld version on and blast the neighbours' windows out.

Talking about blasting windows out, I nominated It's All Too Much. Probably the most underrated Beatles track there is. There's so much going on, that you get something new every time you hear it, especially if you're playing it as loud as it deserves. "Show me that I'm everywhere, then get me home for tea" is the most gloriously George Harrison line ever.

For all that, I've had to vote for Sam Cooke, because... well, listen to it. It's sublime.

• Upvote 1

Originally picked Fake plastic as it’s the song that proper Zens me out. Amazing vocal melody. 
Couldn’t vote against uncle Neil though. First heard ‘hey hey my my’ on VH1 channel hopping late at night. The video was from the Rust never sleeps tour, with the two fuck off massive amps behind him. Old black taking centre stag. Saw him open Glasto with it. Loudest guitar sound I’ve ever experienced. 

Stig chose a great version, but I especially love this clip. Every character in the audience is awesome. They all look like they're going through a transcendental experience. I especially love the little ol' grandma at the end banging her fist against a hanky. If there was ever a clip that showed how music unites people, it's this one.