You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) - Sat 16th Oct 2021 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Funny but before the game a lot (me included) were nervous about this due to a number of factors yet when we put in a great performance and run riot suddenly the opposition are shite .

Not many sides go away and win like this so I wish some would just enjoy it and not downplay the result or the opposition like certain sections of the media (Micah Richards on MOTD)  and all Evertonians are doing …

It doesn’t happen every week 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I’ve repped that for your birthday Scott, but I’ll be negging any other photos at the match. Definitely not top red behaviour.

Ha. The celebration was for Firmino’s 5th. I can assure you whipping my phone out for a goal photo isn’t a regular occurrence. 

I broke the seat in front of me when Mo scored. 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Ha. The celebration was for Firmino’s 5th. I can assure you whipping my phone out for a goal photo isn’t a regular occurrence. 

I broke the seat in front of me when Mo scored. 

First ever time I’ve had uninterrupted phone signal at any stadium or indoor arena. 

B3E91352-D4BF-4B23-9418-6F1CCD0B3688.jpeg

Might explain why the Watford fans are shite. They must be sat on their phones playing Candy Crush and shit. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

First ever time I’ve had uninterrupted phone signal at any stadium or indoor arena. 

B3E91352-D4BF-4B23-9418-6F1CCD0B3688.jpeg

Might explain why the Watford fans are shite. They must be sat on their phones playing Candy Crush and shit. 

Yeah, their support was dreadful. I can’t remember them singing or any attempting to get behind then. 

Most I heard was some sarcastic cheers when they had a shot or corner, which doesn’t help anybody.

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You just can't afford to give him that much room.

Screenshot_2021-10-17-10-51-06-88_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Imagine being that good at football. It's almost godly.

You'd be chuffed if you did that in Sunday league, never mind against top class professional footballers.

I always remember the best lad in my school, he looked amazing but didn't even get a professional contract.

Probably looked good because the rest of us were shite.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Imagine being that good at football. It's almost godly.

Completely agree.

I played at a very good standard when I was younger. The best player I ended up playing with ended up at Scarborough.

As I got older and started playing 5-a-side more, one of the lads (who became one of my best mates) turned down a deal at Huddersfield. He is / was absolute quality and clearly a cut above the rest of us. 

He was telling me he played for Huddersfield v Man Utd and Fletcher was playing for them. Apparently Fletcher was immense and nobody could get near to

him.

When I think of the quality between me, my mate, then Fletcher…. How good must Salah, Gerrard or Suarez must be? It’s impossible to comprehend. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Completely agree.

I played at a very good standard when I was younger. The best player I ended up playing with ended up at Scarborough.

As I got older and started playing 5-a-side more, one of the lads (who became one of my best mates) turned down a deal at Huddersfield. He is / was absolute quality and clearly a cut above the rest of us. 

He was telling me he played for Huddersfield v Man Utd and Fletcher was playing for them. Apparently Fletcher was immense and nobody could get near to

him.

When I think of the quality between me, my mate, then Fletcher…. How good must Salah, Gerrard or Suarez must be? It’s impossible to comprehend. 

I played five a side this morning with someone who is now about 40 but played in La Segunda B about seven or eight years ago. 

It was like watching Iniesta. 

I don't think he gave the ball away once. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

John Moss have a Jan Molby performance yesterday - he just patrolled the centre circle. 

There was a free kick he gave us in the second half inside our box that was given purely and simply so he didn’t have to run back up the other end for our counter.

16 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There was a free kick he gave us in the second half inside our box that was given purely and simply so he didn’t have to run back up the other end for our counter.

I noticed it in the last 15 mins. I know it was likely an easy game to officiate, the game was won, there was barely a forceful tackle all game… he might have well got the Hamlet out and sparked up. I bet Kelleher ran further. 

It felt there was a couple of tackles toward the end where we pinched it off them and it looked like he guessed and gave them the decision.

How old is Moss? He was Milner’s PE teacher. Milner is 36 so Moss must be at least 54, surely older. He’s garbage. 

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Great the way Mo is producing a goal every game now where his starting position is like that famous photo of Maradona with six Belgian players in front of him. 

DAA9B033-1AF7-4D53-92F3-40946C9F4174.jpeg

Bit deceiving that photo as it was a free kick that hit the wall and came back to Maradona.

People always think it's the entire Belgium team trying to take him out one by one like Mr Smith in The Matrix. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I played five a side this morning with someone who is now about 40 but played in La Segunda B about seven or eight years ago. 

It was like watching Iniesta. 

I don't think he gave the ball away once. 

I remember our local team played in an FAI cup competion over here at club level years ago. Had a couple of good results and then found ourselves playing a team in Limerick who had some ex league of Ireland players for them. 

It felt like playing against a Rinus Michels era Dutch team. They ran us ragged. We actually went two one up but then they woke up and won 5-2. The ex pros really stood out as they were just so cool on the ball and passed it through us for the rest of the game.

They were actually sound lads to be honest we are ended up going on the ale for the night with them. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I remember our local team played in an FAI cup competion over here at club level years ago. Had a couple of good results and then found ourselves playing a team in Limerick who had some ex league of Ireland players for them. 

It felt like playing against a Rinus Michels era Dutch team. They ran us ragged. We actually went two one up but then they woke up and won 5-2. The ex pros really stood out as they were just so cool on the ball and passed it through us for the rest of the game.

They were actually sound lads to be honest we are ended up going on the ale for the night with them. 

The technique of professionals always amazes me. Just being able kill the ball stone dead when the ball is smashed at them, at various heights, etc. 

Conversely I'm always amazed at how bad decision making is at the highest level. Obviously the pace of the game makes decisions more difficult because they have to be made so quickly but the amount of times people shoot, pass, cross, etc when it's clearly the wrong option is baffling to me. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Conversely I'm always amazed at how bad decision making is at the highest level. Obviously the pace of the game makes decisions more difficult because they have to made so quickly but the amount of times people shoot, pass, cross, etc when it's clearly the wrong option is baffling to me. 

Not being able to take a corner bugs me.

A lad I played with, not one of our sides better players, took perfect corners, literally every time.

If you saw the Chelsea v City game earlier this month, De Bruyne took a few corners and stuck it absolutely perfectly on the keeper, under the bar, all first half.

The lad in our side did that. Every single corner. I know being 15/16/17 going for a corner is different to being fully fledged adult and a professional but I when you see a lad that age doing it and compare it to professionals scuffing it into the first man, I just don’t get it.