You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) - Sat 16th Oct 2021 (12:30pm)

Trumo

On 13/10/2021 at 22:07, aRdja said:

I reckon Virgil will be rested now. The only that played for their country during the international break right?

With Fabinho and likely Alisson out, no chance. VVD probably only did some running v Gibraltar to get up and back from corners, it would have been less intense than today’s training session.

Given the week we have coming up, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tsmiskas start. 

24 minutes ago, No2 said:

That the same Curtis Jones they wouldn't risk against Andorra?

We need to be asking serious questions...he jad a known problem before that game yet was played and now is unavailable for us.

What is most worrying is Klopp has called it 'slight'.....we all know what happens when he does that!

Jürgen Klopp revealed on Friday that Jones is sidelined with a 'slight injury' he sustained during the international break while representing England U21s.  

Our Yank owners are shithouses when it comes to facing up to the wellbeing of our players in poxy internationals. Its also why,and probably the only real reason,we could miss out on the league yet again. Klopp's wages should engulf anybody else at the club tenfold with the money he's made FSG on the transfer budget of a Championship club.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lario said:

So Fabinho and Alisson heading straight to Madrid and will miss our game.

Fucking international bullshit.

Always likely...best way around quarantine issues and no chance of playing anyway with brazil playing in early hours of this morning game not finishing until after 330am.

Read somehwere mane could be out of atletico game due to rules...but not sure if correct.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

With Fabinho and likely Alisson out, no chance. VVD probably only did some running v Gibraltar to get up and back from corners, it would have been less intense than today’s training session.

Given the week we have coming up, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tsmiskas start. 

I think the concern is that VVD might not be able to play all three games this week, and this is the one that would make sense to rest him for? 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Think will be this then...not ideal but can't do a lot else given injuries/unavailability.

Kelleher

TAA

Matip

VVD

Robertson

Henderson

Keita

Milner

Mane

Salah

Firmino

If Chamberlain can't get a start against a side like Watford having had a full pre-season and didnt have to go away on international duty he may as well just pack it in. 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

I suppose we could start VVD for this game and rest him midweek, as we can probably afford to drop points away in Madrid as long as do the business in two of the last three games? 

We should be playing our strongest team away to Atletico Madrid.

12 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If Chamberlain can't get a start against a side like Watford having had a full pre-season and didnt have to go away on international duty he may as well just pack it in. 

I'd be surprised if Klopp selected him....which says it all about him really.