Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group Y

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group Y  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

    • Kid Crimson - Starless
    • Big Star - Thirteen
    • The La's - There She Goes
    • The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound
    • Morrisey - Suedehead

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/21 at 14:41

Recommended Posts

That Kid Crimson song sounds like someones grabbed a guitarist a sax player and a drummer, thrown them in a dark room and made them double drop. 

 

Some good songs here but the greatest indie pop song of all time wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

 

Some good songs here but the greatest indie pop song of all time wins. 

I agree - Suedehead wins.

 

Once met Lee Mavers in Mojo. Is Mojo still going? Was great in its time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid fucking Crimson?

 

I love There She Goes but it doesn't stand a chance against the power of King Crimson*

 

*be lucky if it gets two votes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I agree - Suedehead wins.

 

Once met Lee Mavers in Mojo. Is Mojo still going? Was great in its time. 

Sure is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The '59 Sound.

 There She Goes and Suedehead both miss out by a midges dick. 

Thirteen is pretty decent, but I've never heard anything by King Crimson I've liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

This tournament has highlighted how little music I know, don't know any again.


You’ve never heard There She Goes? 
 

I’m gonna cut straight to the chase here. I don’t believe you. 
 

 

 

Edit:  Bastard slow typing motherfucker

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


You’ve never heard There She Goes? 
 

I’m gonna cut straight to the chase here. I don’t believe you. 
 

 

 

Edit:  Bastard slow typing motherfucker

I was the same with Remmie and Dignity, then I realised he lives in Milton Keynes so if it's not the Playbus theme tune it's Dueling Banjos. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There She Goes has probably been overdone for me, so I've gone for the only other decent song here, The '59 Sound (which I'd never actually heard before this tournament, so thanks to the cunt who nominated it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was the same with Remmie and Dignity, then I realised he lives in Milton Keynes so if it's not the Playbus theme tune it's Dueling Banjos. 

Nope, don't know that one either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There She Goes has probably been overdone for me, so I've gone for the only other decent song here, The '59 Sound (which I'd never actually heard before this tournament, so thanks to the cunt who nominated it).

Check out their album of the same name, a great record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Sixpence none the richer covered "there she goes" in a particularly meek and saccharine manner and when asked why a god squad band had covered a song about Heroin dependancy, they were in denial about it "no it's about love". 

 

Nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Remember when Sixpence none the richer covered "there she goes" in a particularly meek and saccharine manner and when asked why a god squad band had covered a song about Heroin dependancy, they were in denial about it "no it's about love". 

 

Nice. 

 

Well they're not wrong, in a way. It's about love for heroin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×