44 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Oasis - Live Forever
    • Toots & The Maytals - Pressure Drop
    • Queen - Somebody To Love
    • Talk Talk - Life's What You Make It
    • Suicidal Tendencies - I Wasn't Meant To Feel This / Asleep At The Wheel

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/21 at 11:33

Life's What You Make It. I couldn't get it out of my head for days when it was first mentioned in the tournament. Catchy. Although It's So Serious is probably my favourite Talk Talk track.

From time to time, the original lyrics to classic songs come up at memorabilia auctions and it's interesting to see how the songwriter's thoughts developed. (For example, the original lyrics of "In My Life" had "some for better" crossed out and replaced with"some for ever, none for better".)

I'm pretty sure that any Oasis lyrics wouldn't have any amendments like that, because the first words that pop into Noel's head ("did you ever feel the pain, in the morning rain") make it through to the final song.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Is it sacrilegious to say I prefer the version of "Somebody to Love" that they did at Wembley with George Michael?

No. Not a big fan of that song but that live performances was great.

Onto the list, I have to pick Live Forever which is possibly the best Oasis song, I remember exactly where I was when I first heard it and thought it was brilliant. Wouldn’t actively listen to Oasis these days but I don't know the Toots song or Suicidal Tendancies, It's my life is good but I can't put that ahead of Live Forever.

A weak weak round this, obviously can't stand Oasis, Toots song seemed alright, not a big fan of Queen, the Talk Talk song seemed OK, was just waiting for something to happen that never materialised and the last one seemed like a b side or filler track. 

Toots got through for me. Suspect fucking Oasis will though. 

49 minutes ago, Remmie said:

A weak weak round this, obviously can't stand Oasis, Toots song seemed alright, not a big fan of Queen, the Talk Talk song seemed OK, was just waiting for something to happen that never materialised and the last one seemed like a b side or filler track. 

Toots got through for me. Suspect fucking Oasis will though. 

I voted Oasis, as mentioned, I like the song but it's definitely benefitted from a poor group.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not an Oasis hater but Live Forever has to be one of their weaker efforts.

Hahaha