You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group U

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group U  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me
    • The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog
    • Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
    • Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
    • The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/21 at 08:00

Group of death. I love Hear you Me and JEW are one of my favourite bands, also love the others but I have had to go with Brothers in Arms as it just reminds me of days growing up, being in my dad's car whilst the album was on constant repeat. There will be a time when my dad will no longer be here and I reckon when I hear that song I'll be a blubbering wreck.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Group of death. I love Hear you Me and JEW are one of my favourite bands, also love the others but I have had to go with Brothers in Arms as it just reminds me of days growing up, being in my dad's car whilst the album was on constant repeat. There will be a time when my dad will no longer be here and I reckon when I hear that song I'll be a blubbering wreck.

That's me with Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World which I nominated.

We played it at his funeral. It never fails.

1 minute ago, PestiRed said:

Get your neg guns ready but the truth is that Dire Straits are fucking awful on a level with Phil Collins and Brothers in Arms is everything that is wrong with 80’s music

I wouldn't go quite that far, but they do conjure up images of Diana Spencer "dancing" at a Prince's Trust concert at Wembley Arena, while Ray fucking Cooper twats about with a tambourine and somehow gets paid for it.

23 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Get your neg guns ready but the truth is that Dire Straits are fucking awful on a level with Phil Collins and Brothers in Arms is everything that is wrong with 80’s music

Hahahahaha what a load of bollocks. I bet you like A-Ha 

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wouldn't go quite that far, but they do conjure up images of Diana Spencer "dancing" at a Prince's Trust concert at Wembley Arena, while Ray fucking Cooper twats about with a tambourine and somehow gets paid for it.

Nobody twatted about with a tambourine like Ray ‘The Tips’ Cooper. 

Went for the Stooges as an impulsive vote before spotting Here Comes the Sun, would've been a tough call. I like JEW, but that's not even my favourite song on that album. The Buffalo Springfield one is fine, but shouldn't be going through imo.

Dire Straits is aural blancmange. Actually, no it's semolina.