You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fantasy Manager Comp

Bruce Spanner

Well then, you lucky cunts.

As you are undoubtedly aware a few of us waste a small about of our one solitary life googling teenage boys to the point of obsession.

Well this time I have set up a legends game, a game of fantasy football of sorts where you draft a squad to play a number of seasons in all the competitions, I do all the hard work, all you have to do is choose a squad and tactics, these can be updated in game depending on how involved you want to be. We also have transfer windows etc to make it more interesting. I simulate the teams through football manager and give game by game updates.

I'm sure you've had a sneak peak so you know the drill.

Well, we have seven places available on this run through.

If you want to play just leave your name underneath, first come first served...

• Downvote 1

Football Manager simulation populated by all-time legends & cult hero players, played by fellow forumers exclusively & ran complementarily & needing only an hour or two of your time to participate and choose your team. If you've ever even barely played FM you need your heads tested for skipping.

15 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Never played footy manager, what do I need to do?

I mean, I'll be in whatever the answer is, but would be good to know!

Turn by turn draft picking legendary players from this list here (Messi, Maradonna, Zidane, Maldini etc etc): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OT6LYdLCVesQwTzWEZBKTrSxY10L8Oj7ih2CFAEV7Mg/edit#gid=1270497836

Once everyone has picked their full squad (I think we have 14 playing at the moment .. 20 is the ideal .. not sure when Bruce wants to kick it off), you then select a formation and Bruce essentially loads all the choices into Football Manager. He then simulates the season on game by game basis and posts results over a couple of weeks to find winners of League/Cup etc.

Basically a forum Football Manager game, with the added nostalgic boon of of selecting your players from legends whose stats are specially ported into the game. You need to devote a bit of time to the Draft side of it then the rest takes care of itself.

49 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Never played footy manager, what do I need to do?

I mean, I'll be in whatever the answer is, but would be good to know!

Normally I build a database which has each player represented in the premier league format, each player drafts a squad of players to play a season(s) with Europe and the cups thrown in. I then simulate the seasons with players doing minor tweaks tactics wise etc. In Jan and summer in game time I take a break and we have transfer windows where you can swap players with each other. Normally I build manager profiles as well to exacting specifications.

There tends to be a lot of skullduggery and secret agrements.

It’s like a simulated version of fantasy football.

This run through is slightly different as I’ve put together a legends database of managers and players to build a squad from, so it takes some thought about what you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OT6LYdLCVesQwTzWEZBKTrSxY10L8Oj7ih2CFAEV7Mg/edit?usp=sharing

We draw lots lots then take turns in each position until we have a squad of twenty three.

After that it’s as much or as little involvement as you want to put in, it’s quite addictive though.

Sounds ace!

Great work Bruce, sounds more time consuming than some of the laborious crap I've done on here!

(would like to get the Bang the Drum thread going again, just don't know if I have the time!)

I'm not on the forum much, I might need a poke when it gets going or its my turn to pick

1 hour ago, The Woolster said:

Sounds ace!

Great work Bruce, sounds more time consuming than some of the laborious crap I've done on here!

(would like to get the Bang the Drum thread going again, just don't know if I have the time!)

I'm not on the forum much, I might need a poke when it gets going or its my turn to pick

It’s just a quick(ish) draft. After that Bruce simulates the games on FM, posts the results and then we all accuse him of treachery.

He even fixed it so that I won the Champions League in the very last game of the previous one, the bastard.  

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s just a quick(ish) draft. After that Bruce simulates the games on FM, posts the results and then we all accuse him of treachery.

He even fixed it so that I won the Champions League in the very last game of the previous one, the bastard.  

Speak for yourself.