You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Oct 4-8 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Oct 4:

This international shit is getting beyond a joke now. Honestly, it’s fucking outrageous that we’re expected to let our players go nd play for their country and then have to do without them for two games while they quarantine. We pay their wages, their international sides don’t. So if Brazil have to do without all of their players who make a living in Europe, tough shit. I can’t believe the clubs are actually willing to accept this you know. It’s mad. One club alone can’t take a stand against FIFA, but the leagues can.

From our perspective, Alisson and Fabinho will miss Watford away (a game in which we got spanked last time) and Ateltico away (another game in which we were spanked) because Brazil have called them up and they can’t refuse to go because FIFA will ban them. 

The only good thing to come out of this was Klopp’s revelation the other day that 99% of our squad are double jabbed. His comments on that were fucking outstanding, we’re so lucky to have him. Not just as a manager, but as a man. He’s great. Someone you can feel proud of. That’s our leader and he’s fucking immense. Compare him with some of the absolute pricks at other clubs.

Still, his comments did immediately have me wondering who the “one percent” is. “99%” basically means there’s only one who isn’t vaxxed. If Lovren was still here it would defo have been him, and maybe Shaq might have been influenced by him if he was still here. But they’re gone, and Klopp said he didn’t even need to talk to the squad about it as they did it themselves. Alisson’s missus is a doctor or something, and the Brazilian lads are all vaxxed so it’s none of them. 

Klopp didn’t say this in as many words but the impression he gave was “everyone who matters has been jabbed” so that leads me to the obvious conclusion that the one member of the squad refusing to be vexed is…..Loris Karius. I hope so anyway, because nothing against him personally, it’s just that he’s the only one that I wouldn’t be disappointed in as I don’t care about him either way. Same applies to Naby too, but I don’t think it’s him.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Pre takeover, City fans were amongst the best in my match going experience. Decent craic and happy to share a cab up to Anfield. They always caught a break because they'd genuinely been through the fucking ringer throughout the '80's and '90s and suffered for their love of their club.

The geordies on the other hand were like that special kid full of fake bravado you put up with out of pity. Won fuck all but reckoned they were everyone's favourite second club.  I'll never forget the bunch of them outside cabbage hall in 2005 singing "you can stick your champions league up your arse"! It was the pity that saved them from getting filled in that day. Oh god, they'll be in-fucking-sufferable now...

• Upvote 2

If Salah is not the best player right now, it yes nothing to do with Messi. He’s been quiet so far , and he’s no longer the best any more, and that’s been the case for some time. 

Le ballon d’or he’s become a circus, all that media nonsense for the release of the list of 30. Ridiculous. You used to know who won by buying the issue at the beginning of the Xmas break.

It seems football is no longuer a collective sport. They might give to Messi again which would be even more ridiculous than 2 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

If Salah is not the best player right now, it yes nothing to do with Messi. He’s been quiet so far , and he’s no longer the best any more, and that’s been the case for some time. 

Le ballon d’or he’s become a circus, all that media nonsense for the release of the list of 30. Ridiculous. You used to know who won by buying the issue at the beginning of the Xmas break.

It seems football is no longuer a collective sport. They might give to Messi again which would be even more ridiculous than 2 years ago. 

It's surely Giggsy's turn this year? 

• dave u unpinned this topic