You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group T

Bjornebye

Pick Your Favourite  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Bruce Springsteen - The Ghost of Tom Joad (Tom Morello Version)
    • The Beatles - The Long & Winding Road
    • Wings - Let Me Roll It
    • Marvin Gaye - If I Should Die Tonight
    • Parquet Courts - Total Football

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 12:35

Bruce, but only for the acoustic album version, and the RATM cover it spawned. The Long and Winding Road is a weird one. One of those songs that should've stayed on the album, but shouldn't have been a single. 

Listening to that Band on the Run album makes me sad. McCartney still had it here. Same with Lennon. We could've had a final Beatles record with songs like Band on the Run, Working Class Hero, Mother, Imagine, Jealous Guy, Jet, 1985, Mind Games and Live and Let Die on it. They would've been even better than the recorded versions as well because the pair of them elevated each other's songwriting. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Boss said:

Listening to that Band on the Run album makes me sad. McCartney still had it here. Same with Lennon. We could've had a final Beatles record with songs like Band on the Run, Working Class Hero, Mother, Imagine, Jealous Guy, Jet, 1985, Mind Games and Live and Let Die on it. They would've been even better than the recorded versions as well because the pair of them elevated each other's songwriting. 

Good point. Out of rep.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Bruce, but only for the acoustic album version, and the RATM cover it spawned. The Long and Winding Road is a weird one. One of those songs that should've stayed on the album, but shouldn't have been a single. 

There's a programme about a Beatles 'Black Album' made up of solo cuts on Sky Arts tonight I think. A repeat.

Maybe I'm Amazed & How Do You Sleep would definitely go on there too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I couldn't find just a Tom Morello version so this will have to do unless whoever nominated it can find a different one?

It was me who nominated The Ghost of Tom Joad and I did mean Springsteen featuring Tom Morello.

This version's fine mate.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mook said:

There's a programme about a Beatles 'Black Album' made up of solo cuts on Sky Arts tonight I think. A repeat.

Cheers for the heads up on that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Nice one, I've just downloaded it.

Selected songs from the first couple of solo albums would be as good as anything the Beatles did. You only have to look at Anthology 3 to see the strength of George's stuff, some Macca stuff as well (Junk). Lennon kept his solo stuff to himself! 

• Upvote 1