You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonys All Time Team & Kit Thread.

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Where’s the frigging apostrophe?

Too much hard work moving across the teams that I’ve already done, as well as the posts others have made in response. I’ll have to copy and paste them.

Just start again. There are enough sides to go around 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Van Dijk over Paul Elliot or Johan Mjalby hahahaha 

Neither of those get near an all-time team, mate. Van Dijk is a controversial pick, given his lack of games for Celtic. I originally had Roy Aitken in the team, he was a very good player and is one of my favourites. However, as good as Aiken was, an early to mid twenties Virgil was still a far better player. My dad thinks I should have paired McNeill with Bobby Evans, but in truth, I don’t really know too much about him. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Is it the best player , or the player who did most during their stay at the club involved ?

I try to pick players based on personal  performances at the clubs in question, rather than how they were before or after. For me, it’s not just about picking the best eleven players but trying to get the blend of a team right, trying to envisage how players from different eras might have played together. It could be said that I cheated a bit with Van Dijk, but he still made 100-odd appearances for Celtic, which is my minimum requirement. On this occasion, I feel that Virgil, albeit the younger version of himself, is just too good to leave out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I try to pick players based on personal  performances at the clubs in question, rather than how they were before or after. For me, it’s not just about picking the best eleven players but trying to get the blend of a team right, trying to envisage how players from different eras might have played together. It could be said that I cheated a bit with Van Dijk, but he still made 100-odd appearances for Celtic, which is my minimum requirement. On this occasion, I feel that Virgil, albeit the younger version of himself, is just too good to leave out.

Fair call Tone. Never even heard of Paul Elliot.

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't know - he is your dad. What is his favorite song?

I’ve never really discussed music with him. He’s into rhythm and blues, Motown etc. He’s a huge fan of all kinds of sport, watching sport is what he does most. I, on the other hand, only really like football and a bit of boxing.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

All-time Celtic XI

Simpson

McGrain McNeill Van Dijk Gemmell

Johnstone Murdoch McStay Lennox 

Dalglish Larsson

Home kit and away kit:

90362942-6564-4DEB-89DE-F3BF66451F4E.jpeg

901810B2-FDC0-479A-B085-332DE43D41B7.jpeg

Fuck me, that away jersey looks like something from the 3:15 at Cheltenham.

• Upvote 1