You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Legendary Gigs You Were At

Vincent Vega

Echo and the Bunnymen - Cream (aka Nation), 1997. My first proper gig (I was 17). Absolutely loved the Bunnymen, they were almost mythical to me at this point, and this was their comeback gig. Got there about 5 o'clock (after a pint in Slater's) and me and my mate managed to get right at the front. The atmosphere beforehand was electric. Brilliant gig. Started off with Rescue and followed it up with All That Jazz which almost took the roof off. 

Obviously the drummer Pete De Freitas had died a few years earlier, and his replacement for a while was Michael Lee - I've never seen anyone smash drums as hard as he did! Later went on to play for Page and Plant.

Also, saw (my favourite ever player) John Barnes in a white suit, which added to the occasion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Depends how you class legendary. 

I was at Reading Festival for the infamous Kings of Leon gig in 2009 when the lead singer started moaning that the crowd weren't helping them got pissed off when the place went mental for Sex On Fire (which happened to be in the charts at the time) despite the fact the place being pandemonium despite what he said. 

Prodigy, Isle of Wight in 06 was absolutely superb. 

Beady Eye not even selling out Portsmouth Guildhall when Noel had just sold out London O2. Standing yards away from Oasis without Noel watching them go through the motions considering only a couple of years previous I'd seen them at Wembley when they sold out 3 nights was just surreal. 

Stone Roses - Heaton Park - Superb day and night, a band I never thought I'd get to see. 

I was at the first day of the Heaton Park gig, brilliant. 

I had my coat tied around my waist and on the way out, I could hear sloshing noises behind me. Someone had poured a full pint into my hood, even I giggled at that one. 

I was also at the Finsbury Park one a year or two later, I’ve never felt more crushed at a gig even indoors. Was pretty frightening tbh. 

2 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I was also at the Finsbury Park one a year or two later, I’ve never felt more crushed at a gig even indoors. Was pretty frightening tbh. 

Saw Oasis there in 02 and it was pandemonium to the point of dangerous. The mud didn't help.