You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your All Time Non Liverpool XI

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Beckenbauer, Maldini, Cruyff and Zidane are notoriously shite. Obviously.

No, but not good enough to get into my team. 

Maradona just about get in, apart from that its obvious no player from before 2000 should even be in consideration for such a team. 

Football has changed during the years, that why most of these all times teams are pointless. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

Maradona just about get in, apart from that its obvious no player from before 2000 should even be in consideration for such a team. 

Football has changed during the years, that why most of these all times teams are pointless. 

Just plain daft.

13 hours ago, Code said:

While you may be right, I just don't see how those four players would not still be among the best players today. The human race hasn't evolved that much in 20 years. The great teams and players of yesteryear played in awful conditions(certainly here) so just imagine then on today's pitches. Another thing is that all of them were street footballers with skills that most modern players don't remotely  have.

I always remember that George Best story about being at a coaching camp in America with teenagers. All the kids were all over him and were condescending and mocking of this obese middle aged fella who was also coaching. Turns out that middle aged bloke was Puskas. Best clocked it and got Puskas to do a few things with the ball. The kids were mesmerised.

Great athletes and sportspeople can always adopt.

18 hours ago, Code said:

Absolute nonsense 

21 hours ago, Code said:

Hahahaha Code stop it. You know fuck all about football mate. 

Dino Zoff

Javier Zanetti

Franco Baresi

Franz Beckenbauer

Paulo Maldini

Johann Cruyff

Zinedine Zidane

Alfredo di Stefano

Diego Maradona

Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Eusebio da Silva Ferreira

4-2-4

Can’t believe there’s no room for Gerd Muller, Garrincha, Ronaldo, Ferenc Puskas or Marco van Basten, and that’s just the strikers. Old enough to have seen them all, even di Stefano in the 1960 European Cup Final when I was a kid (not in Glasgow, on the tele!)

No defensive midfielders as such, you wouldn’t need them with that defence, and in the unlikely event of you scoring 3, they’d score 6.

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Your argument around fitness and pace has some merit. 

To suggest the greats of yesteryear might not have equitable technique is taking it a bit far though. 

Not really, there was a time when doing a stepover and a Cryuff turn was seen as some great skill. 

The technical ability of players these days are superior to how it was 30-40 years ago.