You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your All Time Non Liverpool XI

Bjornebye

Manager:

Rinus Michels

75a9a8f2de1928999408ee53b8feb870.jpg

Keeper:

Neville Southall

e7a325bc535b3da95a286cebf6205561.jpg

Right Back:

Lilian Thuram

most-capped-europeans-lilian-thuram_2zau

Centre Back:

Franz Beckenbauer

beckenbauer_ima_200975-9x12.jpg

Centre Back:

Franco Baresi

2021.01.10-OTD-Baresi-Messina-Orizzontal

Left Back:

Paolo Maldini

EOuKFevWsAAWtCx.jpg

Defensive Midfielder:

Lothar Matthaus

EaiE-dSXgAIgSa0.jpg

Centre Midfielder:

Zinedine Zidane

Zinedine-Zidane.jpg

Right Wing:

Lionel Messi

hi-res-77cd736194b827d36d4959cd6abceeca_

Left Wing:

Johan Cruyff

Johan-cruyff-.jpg

Attacking Midfielder:

Diego Maradona

maradona-lede-1-1300x867.jpg

Striker:

Ronaldo

duojpemjffwjcpom_1617167766.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I think it’s a great team but has some flaws… Cristiano Ronaldo is a cunt but you can’t have an all time XI without him in the team, also I think having an SS and and AM with Messi in the team is a bit redundant. I’d drop Maradona, but you could also drop Zidane and add another midfielder who’s better defensively, say Redondo or Vieira. Something like the below. 

4-3-3: Southall; Thuram, Beckenbauer, Baresi, Maldini; Redondo, Matthäus, Zidane; Messi, C. Ronaldo, Ronaldo.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I think it’s a great team but has some flaws… Cristiano Ronaldo is a cunt but you can’t have an all time XI without him in the team, also I think having an SS and and AM with Messi in the team is a bit redundant. I’d drop Maradona, but you could also drop Zidane and add another midfielder who’s better defensively, say Redondo or Vieira. Something like the below. 

4-3-3: Southall; Thuram, Beckenbauer, Baresi, Maldini; Redondo, Matthäus, Zidane; Messi, C. Ronaldo, Ronaldo.

You'd drop Maradona for Patrick Vieira? Wow

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Razoray said:

You'd drop Maradona for Patrick Vieira? Wow

You could drop Zidane instead, and play Maradona as the No 10. Vieira was an example of a world class defensive minded midfielder. You could swap him out with Redondo, Makelele, etc. 

Agree on the right back issue Cafu was better than Thuram in that position. I also think some people are underestimating Cruyff's ability to play in multiple positions in midfield, towards the end of his career he was incredible as a deeper lying central midfielder.

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Jesus Christ.. can't have an all time XI without Christiano Ronaldo and in the same breath say you'd drop Maradona from it. 

NEGGED.

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

Drop Maradona to make room for pretend Ronaldo?

Never change, Ardja.

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

Our XI doesn't need another defensive midfielder. Just look at it and ask yourself what cunt is going to get the ball off that lot.

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2021 at 15:05, Bjornebye said:

Manager:

Rinus Michels

75a9a8f2de1928999408ee53b8feb870.jpg

Keeper:

Neville Southall

e7a325bc535b3da95a286cebf6205561.jpg

Right Back:

Lilian Thuram

most-capped-europeans-lilian-thuram_2zau

Centre Back: