You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group S

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group S  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Stevie Wonder - Uptight
    • Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
    • The Smiths - The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
    • Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    • Israel Kamakawi'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/21 at 10:43

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gone with White Rabbit as well. 

Mook will be along soon to call us all cunts and expect us to bow down to his 'superior (no laughing at the back of the 70's disco)' music taste. 

I thought Mook liked old hippie stuff and sympho/prog rock?

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

He likes anything that makes him sound like he knows more about music than anyone else. 

He's also quite sound in real life so he won't take offence to me telling him to shove his musical opinions up his shitpipe 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He likes anything that makes him sound like he knows more about music than anyone else. 

He's also quite sound in real life so he won't take offence to me telling him to shove his musical opinions up his shitpipe 

He went for the fake blind guy.

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

White Rabbit is a great song, that mid 70s era Floyd can fuck right off though.

I've gone for Uptight although that is also my favourite Smiths song in there.

Best to ignore Stig's musical inferiority complex, I think you must get them free with every Oasis album or something.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mook said:

White Rabbit is a great song, that mid 70s era Floyd can fuck right off though.

I've gone for Uptight although that is also my favourite Smiths song in there.

Best to ignore Stig's musical inferiority complex, I think you must get them free with every Oasis album or something.

I loved Shine On You Crazy Diamond when I was 13. I first heard it on some TV show, there was a dancing routine and it said, music by Pink Floyd. I was left completely mesmerized. After I saved enough pocket money, I bought the only Floyd album available at the time at our local behind the Iron Curtain record store, it was A Nice Pair first two albums reissue which, it truned out a) didn't include the track I wanted b) didn't include anything closely resembling the track I wanted and c) as my first exposure to proper psychedelic rock left me completely baffled, what the fuck was that supposed to be?

I saved up for the next Floyd album I could find (it was not easy to check which album had the track at the time and I didn't know what it was called), then the next and by the time I eventually bought Wish You Were Here I had them all. Then I decided I shouldn't listen to the album too much, because it was too divine and I didn't want to make the experience too familiar, overplay it etc. Then I've gone off Floyd within a year or so and moved on. So, eventually, I didn't get too much for my buck with that band. But, at least there is a Wish You Were Here vinyl in almost mint condition going, for the right price.

• Upvote 2

Stevie just edging out White Rabbit.

That version of Over The Rainbow is nice, but the way he gets the words wrong annoys me far more than is reasonable.

The Smiths just leave me cold and that Pink Floyd shite is, by far, the most boring and pointless waste of time in the whole tournament; it's everything that good music isn't.