You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 2 Manchester City 2 (Oct 3 2021)

tlw content

Agree with much of the match report, to the point as usual.

Noticed Guardiola called one of theirs over after about 15/20 minutes and after that Grealish moved inside, to become as anonymous there as he was out wide, and Foden went wide and that’s when they really started to target Milner.

Also, as somebody said, their lack of a striker led to them overloading our 3 with 5 in midfield when we had the ball and their press stopped us getting meaningful balls to our front 3. We didn’t help as they looked much sharper than we did and there didn’t seem to be any decision making on, or off, the field to change anything. That could have led to them coming in with an unassailable lead at half time and we were fortunate they didn’t.

Second half was a revelation compared to the first half, as we all saw. But whatever was said at half time should’ve been communicated earlier really, but without knowing what that was maybe I’m being unfair.

Towards the end I felt all the players looked knackered, de Bruyne particularly for them, yet it was he who was left alone to take that shot and equalise, albeit fortuitously with a deflection.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if that shithead Silva deliberately went over Milners trailing leg to get him walked, but Milners leg shouldn’t have been trailing given he was on a booking, so pretty lucky with that one, but again Silva was on a booking and did a couple of dodgy ones that could’ve seen him sent off too, and he knew it, throwing his hands up after one tackle protesting his “innocence”.

So we remain unbeaten, but not really convincing in many ways. It’s like last season when we were top at Christmas, but really weren’t playing that well with the injuries we had, but at least we should improve on how we’ve been defensively when the defence get more games under their belt and, hopefully, the midfield balance improves and we don’t have to rely too heavily on Salah to pull rabbits out of his arse.

23 hours ago, Daisy said:

Gotta agree the minute you all started being cocky on the podcsst about winning the league that pretty much guaranteed that we wouldn't win it. 

Fairly sure there will have been City and Chelsea fans doing the same, so not sure how me doing it jinxes us but the jinx doesn't apply to anyone else.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Fairly sure there will have been City and Chelsea fans doing the same, so not sure how me doing it jinxes us but the jinx doesn't apply to anyone else.

They've both got huge strength in depth. A couple injuries and we struggled and will continue to struggle as the season goes on more injuries pile up and AFCON comes around

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

They've both got huge strength in depth. A couple injuries and we struggled and will continue to struggle as the season goes on more injuries pile up and AFCON comes around

So it's the lack of depth that's going to stop us then, not me running my mouth on the pod.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, dave u said:

So it's the lack of depth that's going to stop us then, not me running my mouth on the pod.

You defo jinxed the shallow squad to get injuries. You may as well said we have no injury prone players anymore 

• dave u unpinned this topic