You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best films to watch while you're pissed

Section_31

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Was sinking a few bourbons at home a while back and turned on John Wick 3, I'd never seen the others and didn't have a fucking clue what was going on, tremendous.

Anything with Craig Fairbrass in too.

A fella I work with has 3 kids, all of who have some form of ADHD and are always involved in after school activities of some sort which involves him running round like a madman all week. 

I asked him if he saw a Liverpool game a couple of months ago and he said "mate, I have less time to sit down and relax than John Wick does". 

• Upvote 2

Horror films are great when you're pissed.

If you're a shit bag, like me, with horror the drink gives you some dutch courage to watch and at the same time heightens the senses so you're imagining all kinds, but despite your fears have the, normally unheard of, ability to be glued to the screen.

A weird but exciting combination.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Agreed. 

4 as well, immediately after it, then bump the Drago/Clubber Lang thread on here.

Many moons ago, when I lived alone and was happily single, many was the night I'd come home steaming (mostly because I was out with @Strontium Dog) and put Rocky 3 on and keep drinking until the wee small hours.

I miss those nights

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Many moons ago, when I lived alone and was happily single, many was the night I'd come home steaming (mostly because I was out with @Strontium Dog) and put Rocky 3 on and keep drinking until the wee small hours.

I miss those nights

Always freaks my nut out when people on here know each other in the real world.

I went through a phase of getting in from the pub and the Bourne films were always on, obviously I’d start part way through, so I’ve never seen one from the beginning and am usually asleep before the end credits.

So I have no idea the plot to any of them, or what scene belongs where, or why characters randomly appear, but sober Bruce has no interest in finding out, so I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a full Bourne film or not and probably never will despite wasting hours of my life trying to piece it together pissed.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I went through a phase of getting in from the pub and the Bourne films were always on, obviously I’d start part way through, so I’ve never seen one from the beginning and am usually asleep before the end credits.

So I have no idea the plot to any of them, or what scene belongs where, or why characters randomly appear, but sober Bruce has no interest in finding out, so I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a full Bourne film or not and probably never will despite wasting hours of my life trying to piece it together pissed.

Jason Bourne is a man who gets pissed, does things and forgets what he's done. Seems an appropriate way to watch them. 

Just now, paddyberger said:

Withnail and I, you have a drink every time they do. You’ll be utterly arseholed.

Tried it one day, with Whisky of all things, and started just after lunch.

We were plasted by the end an I ended up doing terrible thing to an Aussie lass and losing a job the next day as I woke up in a hotel miles away from where I lived with said Aussie.

Good time all round.

11 hours ago, Moo said:

Horror films are great when you're pissed.

If you're a shit bag, like me, with horror the drink gives you some dutch courage to watch and at the same time heightens the senses so you're imagining all kinds, but despite your fears have the, normally unheard of, ability to be glued to the screen.

A weird but exciting combination.

Haha, that's what I did last year. I hate jump scares, but being hammered you barely realise they've happened.