You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unvaccinated Players

Captain Turdseye

19 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

And Oxford Uni? they full of shit? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8167834/

Is this what you're talking about? This is the conclusion. 

An important part of this process will be the preparation of updated vaccines tailored to emerging antigenic variants that are maximally cross-reactive against all circulating variants.

So you're citing a paper that has a conclusion that says that the current problems with vaccination should be fixed with future vaccination. 

And again, it's not a "fact" that 60 or 70% vaccination rates create the best conditions for variants. That is not the main accepted thought.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You seem to be saying that once you've had the virus you can't have it again? Yet I've heard stories of people getting it more than once,or maybe it doesn't disappear? This seems to be incredibly selfish given the risk you then pose to vulnerable others. 

I tend to see it like the flu jab,it doesnt eliminate the virus but vastly reduces its symptoms and reduces deaths and suffering to others around you. 

People catch the virus if they've had it and if they're double vaccinated. While I am very pro-vax, I'm yet to see a good argument for vaccination being required once you've already had it. It's a dilemma I am dealing with myself. My eldest daughter is in the recently released groups 12-16, but she's had covid, so I do struggle to see any advantage in having the jab aside from maybe making it easier to go on holiday. It certainly doesn't seem worth any risk that comes with it however minor. 

On 02/10/2021 at 01:56, Jay H said:

This a major story in the NBA at the moment.  Wouldn’t surprise at all if some Footballers have the same thoughts due to their beliefs.

https://www.nba.com/news/warriors-andrew-wiggins-says-he-will-stick-to-beliefs-regarding-vaccine

Seems he now believes something else:

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said that star forward Andrew Wiggins has received his COVID-19 vaccination, making him eligible to participate in all of his team’s games this season. 

"Andrew got vaccinated," Kerr told reporters after Sunday’s practice. "He just told me today that he was fine with us acknowledging it and that will be the end of it. I'm not going to answer any questions beyond that."

• Upvote 1