You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unvaccinated Players

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Are vaccines actually making the pandemic worse? Incredible reports. 

I know you're being facetious but it's not unheard of in animals for that to happen. Is it happening right now? Possibly, I don't think so at the moment but it certainly could be. It seems to me that at best the vaccines are slightly reducing the risk of severe covid for the people most at risk. When they do outright fail the people most at risk seem to be the ones who still die. When you take that with the various adverse events reports I can see why an otherwise healthy person would rather take their chances, especially when natural immunity seems to be better than the vaccinations can provide. It's not a black and white situation, it's literally an individualized risk situation because as had been said multiple times the vaccines do not prevent infection nor spread of the virus. There will be outliers of course, my 81 year old functionally alcoholic unvaccinated father tested positive (could've been false but there's no way of knowing) and had nothing more than a cough for 3 weeks. Last week I read about a fully vaccinated 39 year old that died and from the pictures he looked like an average healthy man certainly wasn't obese. The truth of the matter is that we just don't know enough about either the virus or the currently available vaccinations to say that either or is the best choice.

• Downvote 7

15 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I know you're being facetious but it's not unheard of in animals for that to happen. Is it happening right now? Possibly, I don't think so at the moment but it certainly could be. It seems to me that at best the vaccines are slightly reducing the risk of severe covid for the people most at risk. When they do outright fail the people most at risk seem to be the ones who still die. When you take that with the various adverse events reports I can see why an otherwise healthy person would rather take their chances, especially when natural immunity seems to be better than the vaccinations can provide. It's not a black and white situation, it's literally an individualized risk situation because as had been said multiple times the vaccines do not prevent infection nor spread of the virus. There will be outliers of course, my 81 year old functionally alcoholic unvaccinated father tested positive (could've been false but there's no way of knowing) and had nothing more than a cough for 3 weeks. Last week I read about a fully vaccinated 39 year old that died and from the pictures he looked like an average healthy man certainly wasn't obese. The truth of the matter is that we just don't know enough about either the virus or the currently available vaccinations to say that either or is the best choice.

I could have done without this wonky dissertation, to be honest. Congratulations on stating you think no one knows anything in about 250 too many words.

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I know you're being facetious but it's not unheard of in animals for that to happen. Is it happening right now? Possibly, I don't think so at the moment but it certainly could be. It seems to me that at best the vaccines are slightly reducing the risk of severe covid for the people most at risk. 

Thanks for sharing your opinion with the group. You and Beefy both.

Meanwhile ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT (i.e. epidemiologists, doctors, and the like) strongly disagree with you and have concluded that the vaccine is massively reducing the number of infections, hospitalisations, and deaths, and the best thing we can all do to halt the pandemic is to get jabbed.

Excuse me if I listen to them more than a pair of randos on the internet.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion with the group. You and Beefy both.

Meanwhile ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT (i.e. epidemiologists, doctors, and the like) strongly disagree with you and have concluded that the vaccine is massively reducing the number of infections, hospitalisations, and deaths, and the best thing we can all do to halt the pandemic is to get jabbed.

Excuse me if I listen to them more than a pair of randos on the internet.

Stop talking sense!!!

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

As usual Jurgen is bang on the money:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58775881

You can get pissed on the job and face no consequences though, eg the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia and, on more than 1 occassion, a previous Prime Minister ,now given a plum job by Boorish.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yClZh-qUPE

7 hours ago, aws said:

It looks like Brazil and a shed load of other countries are about to come off the red list so it's possible we may have no problems except that Ali and Fab probably won't be back in time for Watford.  

The thing that is properly flying under the radar at the moment are the games in January that have been slipped in, to which there is no international window to play them. 

7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Who the hell are some of you to criticise someones personal choice over a vaccine?

Do you even understand how the fucking vaccines work?

They DON'T stop transmission. Read that again, they DON'T stop transmission of the virus.

All it does is limit the severity of anyone unfortunate enough to catch it with possible underlying health issues. Basically, the person who refuses the vaccine, for whatever reasons is the one VULNERABLE to the virus in the long run, not fucking anyone else.

Im sick of tired of reading sanctimonious shit from people who completely misunderstand how the vaccine is supposed to work. Its not meant to stop the spread, but to limit the effects.

Of course the Club might be within their rights to say that you player (A) is an asset and we don't want you going down ill, but its still their body, their fucking choice.

Honestly the human race is going down the pan. Stupidity, every fucking where.

There are peer reviewed studies that say transmission is reduced by around 50% in the fully vaccinated due to the reduced viral load. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Who the hell are some of you to criticise someones personal choice over a vaccine?

They DON'T stop transmission. Read that again, they DON'T stop transmission of the virus.

All it does is limit the severity of anyone unfortunate enough to catch it with possible underlying health issues. Basically, the person who refuses the vaccine, for whatever reasons is the one VULNERABLE to the virus in the long run, not fucking anyone else.

Im sick of tired of reading sanctimonious shit from people who completely misunderstand how the vaccine is supposed to work. Its not meant to stop the spread, but to limit the effects.

Of course the Club might be within their rights to say that you player (A) is an asset and we don't want you going down ill, but its still their body, their fucking choice.

“I don’t take the vaccination only to protect me, I take the vaccination to protect all the people around me. I don’t understand why that is a limitation of freedom because, if it is, then not being allowed to drink and drive is a limitation of freedom as well. I got the vaccination because I was concerned about myself but even more so about everybody around me. If I get [Covid] and I suffer from it: my fault. If I get it and spread it to someone else: my fault and not their fault.”

Jurgen Klopp, yesterday. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/02/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-says-anti-vaxxers-endanger-others

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It's because the current vaccines don't actually stop infections, they do seem to limit hospitalization and death, with the most at risk seeing the most benefit. I've had enough of the shaming about it myself, but at this point it is what it is. People are firmly entrenched in their respective camps and that's pretty much the way it's going to stay unless something better (or truly damning) comes along that changes peoples minds one way or another.

As far as players are concerned, some of them have already caught and beat the virus. The only reason for those people to get vaccinated is to have a record saying they're vaccinated. They presumably already have a record saying they've had it with their doctor but that's not good enough for the powers that be right now. It's pretty bizarre honestly but again it's the world we live in at the moment.

You seem to be saying that once you've had the virus you can't have it again? Yet I've heard stories of people getting it more than once,or maybe it doesn't disappear? This seems to be incredibly selfish given the risk you then pose to vulnerable others. 

I tend to see it like the flu jab,it doesnt eliminate the virus but vastly reduces its symptoms and reduces deaths and suffering to others around you. 

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Are vaccines actually making the pandemic worse? Incredible reports. 

Look, there are only three types of people: the evil bastards (mostly Jews) behind this whole enterprise; sheeple like you and me; and those (like Beef Stroganoff and a bunch of professional footballers) who know their shit.

As for members of the global scientific community, I haven't figured out whether they're evil bastards or sheeple. But they need to talk to Fabian Delph ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You are less likely to get it. less likely to spread it. And less likely to get really sick. 

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

“I don’t take the vaccination only to protect me, I take the vaccination to protect all the people around me. I don’t understand why that is a limitation of freedom because, if it is, then not being allowed to drink and drive is a limitation of freedom as well. I got the vaccination because I was concerned about myself but even more so about everybody around me. If I get [Covid] and I suffer from it: my fault. If I get it and spread it to someone else: my fault and not their fault.”

Jurgen Klopp, yesterday. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/02/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-says-anti-vaxxers-endanger-others

Know-nothing cunt.

Needs a Facebook account, pronto

55 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

That's bullshit. It depends on viral transmission rates which when high can lead to more mutations, the Delta variant has already proven this. 

Vaccinated people will be able carriers of mutant variations also, they will have better protection against the original variant though but that is pretty moot when the mutated variant will become dominant ie just like Delta.

Evolution relies on selective pressure and it gets that by people getting vaccinated, when you have around 60 per cent to 70 per cent vaccinated then it is ideal conditions to have a mutation. 

Absolute armchair epidemiology. Just like your boy saintslfc13. Why do people pretend like they know about this stuff with such confidence? Embarrassing.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

That's bullshit. It depends on viral transmission rates which when high can lead to more mutations, the Delta variant has already proven this. 

Vaccinated people will be able carriers of mutant variations also, they will have better protection against the original variant though but that is pretty moot when the mutated variant will become dominant ie just like Delta.

Evolution relies on selective pressure and it gets that by people getting vaccinated, when you have around 60 per cent to 70 per cent vaccinated then it is ideal conditions to have a mutation. 

Now, how can we lower those? 

12 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

hahahaha you fucking condescending dickhead it's a fucking fact so go tell the University of oxford they are armchair epidemiologists

better still prove otherwise as stating "vaccinations stop a virus mutating" is absolute bullshit. 

You people who all think they know all the facts on a complex issue like this one crease me. You don't even now what a fact is. 

This part of it is not a fact. It's a loose theory. 

I don't see this ^^^

However, while this study does provide more positive information in regards to the vaccines, it did also note that protection against transmission did wane, with the AstraZeneca vaccine showing that those with breakthrough infections were just as likely to spread the delta variant as those who were not vaccinated at all in just three months. Pfizer also saw reduced protection over time but was still better at the three-month mark.

In this ^^^. The study or whatever you quoted

5 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

hahaha again go argue with Oxford Uni you condescending cunt, or is it not a fact because you are now an armchair epidemiologist?

Stop pretending like you know what you're talking about and hiding behind your Oxford thing when it doesn't say what you've said. It's pathetic. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You seem to be saying that once you've had the virus you can't have it again? Yet I've heard stories of people getting it more than once,or maybe it doesn't disappear? This seems to be incredibly selfish given the risk you then pose to vulnerable others. 

I tend to see it like the flu jab,it doesnt eliminate the virus but vastly reduces its symptoms and reduces deaths and suffering to others around you. 

This.

7 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

Those aren't facts. Again, it's a theory. You don't know the difference. 

Also congrats, you just cited a complete quack. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online

Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines.

Please stop, this is embarrassing and a waste of time.