You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unvaccinated Players

Captain Turdseye

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I can understand professional athletes not taking it, the risk to them from the virus was miniscule and the vaccine could knock the shit out of them for a week. As far as trade offs go I could understand them saying I'm not taking it. But now we have reached a stage where they need to choose a vaccine or give up their international career.

do or don't, yer fucked

either way, "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players;..."

ach, silly really, virtually

Weren't one of the Bournemouth backroom staff saying that because the players train for quite a short period of time they spend significant periods of the day outside of that on social media leading a lot of them to end up down anti-vax wormholes, to the point they are unreachable.

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

Weren't one of the Bournemouth backroom staff saying that because the players train for quite a short period of time they spend significant periods of the day outside of that on social media leading a lot of them to end up down anti-vax wormholes, to the point they are unreachable.

Plus most of them being thick as pig shit. Great combination for this kind of thing to happen. 

4 hours ago, Jay H said:

This a major story in the NBA at the moment.  Wouldn’t surprise at all if some Footballers have the same thoughts due to their beliefs.

https://www.nba.com/news/warriors-andrew-wiggins-says-he-will-stick-to-beliefs-regarding-vaccine

What beliefs though? The belief that he has the right to be stupid and selfish because he is an extremely rich sportsman? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Rather than blaming individual players, the easiest answer is for FIFA and all its confederations fuck off international football until all of the countries within them have the same or no quarantine regulations as each other.

But that's too fucking simple, isnt it?

That's not going to happen is it. It's all about money and power. And the FIFA leaders get their power by running the game for the benefit of the small countries and the small countries get their money from matches being played g FIFA handouts. FIFA can only give handouts if world cups get played, so qualifying is an essential part of that. This is why fundamentally the games law makers should not be the same people as the the competition organisers as there is a clear conflict of interest. 

Kaide Gordon has only had 1 dose because he's under 18....

In reality we've probably got 2 or 3 players who haven't taken the vaccine.

I'd hope our players aren't randomly stupid so I'd hope it's organised stupid and some of the more religious members of the squad are still resisting.

Who the hell are some of you to criticise someones personal choice over a vaccine?

Do you even understand how the fucking vaccines work?

They DON'T stop transmission. Read that again, they DON'T stop transmission of the virus.

All it does is limit the severity of anyone unfortunate enough to catch it with possible underlying health issues. Basically, the person who refuses the vaccine, for whatever reasons is the one VULNERABLE to the virus in the long run, not fucking anyone else.

Im sick of tired of reading sanctimonious shit from people who completely misunderstand how the vaccine is supposed to work. Its not meant to stop the spread, but to limit the effects.

Of course the Club might be within their rights to say that you player (A) is an asset and we don't want you going down ill, but its still their body, their fucking choice.

Honestly the human race is going down the pan. Stupidity, every fucking where.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Who the hell are some of you to criticise someones personal choice over a vaccine?

They DON'T stop transmission. Read that again, they DON'T stop transmission of the virus.

All it does is limit the severity of anyone unfortunate enough to catch it with possible underlying health issues. Basically, the person who refuses the vaccine, for whatever reasons is the one VULNERABLE to the virus in the long run, not fucking anyone else.

Im sick of tired of reading sanctimonious shit from people who completely misunderstand how the vaccine is supposed to work. Its not meant to stop the spread, but to limit the effects.

Of course the Club might be within their rights to say that you player (A) is an asset and we don't want you going down ill, but its still their body, their fucking choice.

You are an incredibly stupid person.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Shut the fuck up and take the vaccine weirdo.

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stunning and brave take from Beef once again. Destroying stupid humanity with (he thinks) facts and logic.

Give me the facts on the vaccine Stacks. Tell me it stops the spread. And i mean stops, not 'might' prevent, or 'reduce' stops. Stone cold dead.

Because thats the only scenario you could call someone selfish. And for all your information, yes I've been jabbed.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Give me the facts on the vaccine Stacks. Tell me it stops the spread. And i mean stops, not 'might' prevent, or 'reduce' stops. Stone cold dead.

Because thats the only scenario you could call someone selfish. And for all your information, yes I've been jabbed.

You've got all the facts, mate. Rock hard facts.

3x less likely to pass on the virus seems like a hell of a reason to take it on its own to me. That's without the personal benefits.

Something a bit weird about vaccinated people fighting against the need for people to get vaccinated though, it's Fox News levels of underhanded.

14 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh incredibly stupid. Another baseless claim. This forum is full of it.

The vaccine does not stop the spread of the virus. That is a hard fact.

Of course it doesn't, no one's ever said it does. It reduces the spread, hospitalisations and deaths from Covid. That is a hard fact.

Now fuck off with your strawman bullshit, you weird cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

Countries with the highest vaccination rates don't seem to be doing too well though, with the infection rates highest in those very countries. 

It's because the current vaccines don't actually stop infections, they do seem to limit hospitalization and death, with the most at risk seeing the most benefit. I've had enough of the shaming about it myself, but at this point it is what it is. People are firmly entrenched in their respective camps and that's pretty much the way it's going to stay unless something better (or truly damning) comes along that changes peoples minds one way or another.

As far as players are concerned, some of them have already caught and beat the virus. The only reason for those people to get vaccinated is to have a record saying they're vaccinated. They presumably already have a record saying they've had it with their doctor but that's not good enough for the powers that be right now. It's pretty bizarre honestly but again it's the world we live in at the moment.