You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unvaccinated Players

Captain Turdseye

Lifted from the Other Football thread. This topic is worthy of its own discussion. 

Reports that fully vaccinated players will be allowed to travel to play for their countries and not have to quarantine on their return. That brings us to the question of who is and isn't vaccinated? Seems to be quite a reluctance among PL players.

So, who do you think will be exposed as unvaccinated? Have there been any players publicly getting double jabbed? What happens if players have had Covid but still not taken up the vaccine?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Why, what did he say?

Id be shocked if Alison wasn't jabbed, isn't his wife a doctor and weren't they vaccine ambassadors for the "who" before covid.... 

He said all Brazil players, kostas and Sadio will have to quarantine 

Just now, Daisy said:

He said all Brazil players, kostas and Sadio will have to quarantine 

Fucking Muppets, you'd think they'd just get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and get it over and done with. 

I know thiago is vaccinated because the whole Spanish squad in the euros for vaccinated only a day or two before their first game in the tournament due to a covid outbreak. 

You'd think these guys would have more sense. 

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Fucking Muppets, you'd think they'd just get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and get it over and done with. 

I know thiago is vaccinated because the whole Spanish squad in the euros for vaccinated only a day or two before their first game in the tournament due to a covid outbreak. 

I'm not sure if this skipping quarentine thing is true though if vaccinated, has it been confirmed? 

16 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Most footballers and sports people either live too much in their cosy bubble to have any common sense or they're thick as pigshit.

LeBron James came out the other day and said he would now take the vaccine after doing some "research". I'm sure he would reading all the available scientific data to come to that conclusion...

6 minutes ago, Em City said:

LeBron James came out the other day and said he would now take the vaccine after doing some "research". I'm sure he would reading all the available scientific data to come to that conclusion...

Finding out Nicki Minaj' cousins friends fiancee's nuts actually didn't swell up put him over the edge.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm not sure if this skipping quarentine thing is true though if vaccinated, has it been confirmed? 

They don't skip quarantine. Double vaccinated players can just choose to spend it isolated in a hotel of their own choosing for ten days instead of in a government nominated hotel

What's not clear from what I've read so far is whether non-vaccinated players are entirely forbidden from traveling to red list countries or whether they can go but have to go into a govt nominated hotel when they get back. 

We should refuse to release them and if FIFA suspend them for five days then so be it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

They don't skip quarantine. Double vaccinated players can just choose to spend it isolated in a hotel of their own choosing for ten days instead of in a government nominated hotel

What's not clear from what I've read so far is whether non-vaccinated players are entirely forbidden from traveling to red list countries or whether they can go but have to go into a govt nominated hotel when they get back. 

We should refuse to release them and if FIFA suspend them for five days then so be it. 

Should have added that vaccinated players can leave isolation to train or play but nothing else. 

2 hours ago, Em City said:

Most footballers and sports people either live too much in their cosy bubble to have any common sense or they're thick as pigshit.

Some people really are retarded, I've heard a woman I know say similar to LeBron. 

"Ill get it when I do my own research" no offence love, you sell vinyl flooring, you're not exactly a trained immunologist are you. 

But the idiocy of the unvaccinated does further. 

My cousin, an anti vaxxer only got out of hospital last week, after being in with covid for over a week. Obviously he's still not feeling too good so I sent him a link to a study that indicates getting the vaccine helps with long covid. 

He replied to me today, and I quote "It's still not going to make me take that dirt man"

This same guys father is currently undergoing chemo for leukaemia and also had covid the same time, but because he was vaccinated he was fine. Even though I explained this to my cousin that he's probably only able to speak to his father because of the vaccine, he still said no way would he have it. 

The mind boggles and such idiocy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Some people really are retarded, I've heard a woman I know say similar to LeBron. 

"Ill get it when I do my own research" no offence love, you sell vinyl flooring, you're not exactly a trained immunologist are you. 

My cousin, an anti vaxxer only got out of hospital last week, after being in with covid for over a week. Obviously he's still not feeling too good so I sent him a link to a study that indicates getting the vaccine helps with long covid. 

He replied to me today, and I quote "It's still not going to make me take that dirt man"

This same guys father is currently undergoing chemo for leukaemia and also had covid the same time, but because he was vaccinated he was fine. Even though I explained this to my cousin that he's probably only able to speak to his father because of the vaccine, he still said no way would he have it. 

My own father is the same. When it all kicked off, he said "sure people like us we'll be fine."

I replied "I'm 27, you're 65. There is no 'we'. I'll be fine, you're a 50-50."

Wearing ignorance as a virtue seems to be an increasingly common trait.

• Upvote 1

When this all kicked off footballers where among the most privileged people on the planet. They got to train and play while we given 20 minutes to exercise in 5km zone. This latest exemption from red zones is another notch on their privileged belts. Regardless of who the player is the privileges have to stop for the unvaccinated. They want to play for Brazil, fine, spend 10 nights in a day's Inn when you get back.

I can understand professional athletes not taking it, the risk to them from the virus was miniscule and the vaccine could knock the shit out of them for a week. As far as trade offs go I could understand them saying I'm not taking it. But now we have reached a stage where they need to choose a vaccine or give up their international career.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Here in Victoria, if go to the GP and you’re under 40 and want to proceed with AstraZeneca, you have to sign a consent form and they give you the below sheet, basically telling you that in most cases you’re more likely to get sick from the vaccine than the virus. A lot of these athletes are undereducated, didn’t finish high school etc. I’m honestly not surprised that there’s hesitancy.

E718F9A7-B76B-4196-B2AE-7A52D1BF8EDE.png

If they don't sort this shite out the season is just going to be tainted and the sporting integrity of it shot to pieces.

There is just no way clubs should be forced to lose their key expensively acquired and extremely highly paid employees for games due to quarantines/international games taking place the day before their games etc etc.

It's total bollocks and needs sorting fast and if they can't find solutions then international football should be put on hold until it can take place without all this bollocks and the unacceptable knock on effects to the club game.

• Upvote 1

Considering the potential impact a side effect could have on professional athletes and the relative isolation from the community, it's probably not surprising they've put it off or not bothered. But, that said, if they want special dispensation then I think it's fair that there be special requirements (vaccine passport etc) in place.

I read this earlier elsewhere.....it goes totally over my head but anyway....

Best case scenario is that Fab and Alisson are released after Brazil's 2nd game. They could travel to Madrid, with the rest of the squad then flying out from Watford and having a mini training camp in Spain, all arriving back on Thursday morning.

Being a midfielder down for Watford it's probably best for Naby to do the day release quarantine and play that game, not travel to Madrid (his quarantine ends on the day of the game) and then be available for the United game on the Sunday.

Sadio's 10 days will be up on the Friday so he can either do the day release option and play versus Watford and United (the latter after 2 nights in his own bed) or go straight to Madrid and travel back a day later than the rest of the squad.

If Brazil insist on having Fab and Alisson for the 3rd game then we'd be better not to send them and just taking the 5 day ban meaning they'd miss Watford and Atletico. Otherwise it would be Alisson starting and Fab on the bench for Watford after arriving the day before, not travelling to Madrid and then playing versus United while still under the day release scheme.