You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Klopp on Barcelona managerial shortlist 

TLW

Jurgen Klopp is reportedly high on Barcelona’s shortlist to replace Ronald Koeman.

By all accounts the Dutchman is in the last few days of his troubled reign and club bosses are already looking at alternatives which along with the current Reds boss includes Roberto Martinez, Andrea Pirlo, Erik Ten Haag and club legend Xavi Hernandez.

The German is undoubtedly the standout candidate on that shortlist and it could easily be said that he is the best manager in World Football at this point of time.

The Mirror reports that Barca president Joan Laporta has identified Klopp as his  ‘ultimate choice.’ to one day take over the Nou Camp hot seat but the man himself recently spoke about what he might have in mind once his current contract concludes in 2024.

“It's nice that I'm asked that again and again.

"When the contract in Liverpool ends, whatever it will be, I first have to find out what it is like to lead a 'normal' life again. A year off. I've never had that. But I'm deeply relaxed there.

“When you're out for a year, it can also be a good thing that maybe no cock crows at me, which is perfectly fine. There are so many good coaches out there.”

klopp-759.jpg

Klopp is one of the most passionate men in the game, as he puts his heart and soul into his job with the success clear for all to see.

He is still uncertain about how long he will have that incredible energy to manage his own team.

“What I do is unbelievable fun; I enjoy it very much."

“The only problem is that in my job you have no end of the day, no chance to switch off. 

“Do I really have to have that into old age? I don't know."

It is not the first, and it certainly wont be the last time that Jurgen is linked to another job. For now, let’s just enjoy the work of this special individual and let the future look after itself.

View full article

28 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This could be our last chance to get Koeman tied down for a significant amount of time. 

As long as he doesn’t have a blue Christmas tree.   

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I've just put a Kate Upton and Kelly Brook jelly bath threesome on my shortlist.

Sofia Vergara on mine. 

According to this article, that means it'll definitely happen...right?

Mentioned this story in another thread last night. Im not surprised Jurgen's top of anyone's wish list. He could, literally walking into any club in the World if he so wished.

He did that about 6 years ago. Like Roger, I think only the Germany national job would tempt him away in the next few years. Jurgen will either extend his contract here or, take some time out of the game again in 2024. Yeah, stating the obvious but unless something cataclysmic happens, I couldnt see him leaving early for another club.

6 hours ago, Dave D said:

Id say Barcelona are top of the tree of clubs most unsuited to Klopp.  

You think? 

I think he's a very good fit for a variety of reasons, for them, but he's not a Madrid manager.  

Am I worried about him going there? 

Seems too urgent, don't think he'd down tools mid-season and Barca want someone now, not next summer.  

Next summer though, it might be a thing.  Especially as it may coincide with Salah moving on, and Barca may be looking at that aspect of bagging the best manager and his top player.  

24 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You think? 

I think he's a very good fit for a variety of reasons, for them, but he's not a Madrid manager.  

Am I worried about him going there? 

Seems too urgent, don't think he'd down tools mid-season and Barca want someone now, not next summer.  

Next summer though, it might be a thing.  Especially as it may coincide with Salah moving on, and Barca may be looking at that aspect of bagging the best manager and his top player.  

Absolutely not- expectation to spend enormous money, whether he wants the player or not, a stadium that he would struggle to connect to a large percentage of the fans due to its enormity, presidents that come and go that constantly appease fans to the detriment of the club, a history of players ruling the roost, a savage press pack, a fairly uncompetitive league, enormous player wages, religious tensions and finally a constant balmy climate for a haggard beardy steiner swilling German