Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Premier League Round Up (Sep 25-27 2021)

Was that a good weekend or not? We went top without kicking a ball and then extended the lead by a point, so that was good, but it was bittersweet when you concede three times and draw at Brentford.

United got beat, so that’s good, and City won, which ordinarily wouldn’t be but they were playing Chelsea so this was probably the one occasion when them winning was preferable to them losing.

For some reason City’s win at Chelsea wasn’t first on Match of the Day. Not sure us drawing or United getting beat is a bigger event than two of the three title favourites squaring off against each other but I don’t particularly care. Just thought it was a little odd. Anything that City will see as a sleight against them is fine with me though.

Marcos Alonso didn’t take the knee. He stood up, pointing to the anti-racism badge on his sleeve and he was singled out by BBC and Sky for it, so I guess he got what he wanted, whatever that might be.

As for the game, Chelsea had success against City in recent years by playing it cagey, sitting in and hitting on the break with pace, so I can see why they approached the game the way they did. It felt like they should have been more on the front foot though as they were favourites to win this and if they’re the team people are making them out to be then they should have taken the game to City and made a statement.

They didn’t though. City dominated most of the game even if they didn’t create too many clear chances. Jesus put them in front with a deflected shot but it was well deserved.

Chelsea didn’t really do anything. Lukaku had a goal ruled out for offside but that was it. Prior to the game I would have preferred a City win or a draw. Chelsea winning seemed to be the worst result for us as I see them as a bigger threat. Having watched it, I now wish it had been a draw. If we beat City this weekend though then this result is fine.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

Even had Jiminez squared it to Traore at the end of the Southampton game, the shit get would only have fired over a shot that would have made Brown Jenkin’s penalty look like a decent effort.

• Upvote 1

I read a piece in the Guardian or Independent along the lines of ' Arteta has finally got the Pep magic going at Arsenal ' 

Fuck me , do these journalists have no shame.

• Upvote 1