You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 3rd Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

While I'm firmly on the should have kept Wijnaldum bus, we have to remember that he's 31, so he'd be needing to be replaced soon anyway. We need to be signing Gini's replacement whoever that is!

Bissouma for me, Clive. At the right age to kick on under a top manager, physical, and will have a year left on his contract next summer.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Talk of how bad our midfield was but I thought De Bruyne was fucking woeful too. Alisson’s positioning for Foden’s goal was almost as bad as Henderson’s at Old Trafford last season. Pep roulette helped, think we would’ve struggled against Sterling for a full 90. Gotta be a decent point after the first 45, suppose. 

I think our midfield yesterday was ordinary, but made to look very poor by an excellent display by Silva. Against most Premier League teams, that midfield would have won.

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think our midfield yesterday was ordinary, but made to look very poor by an excellent display by Silva. Against most Premier League teams, that midfield would have won.

The midfield on paper was good, just a case of them not performing.

26 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Bissouma for me, Clive. At the right age to kick on under a top manager, physical, and will have a year left on his contract next summer.

I think Bissouma would have been the perfect signing at a good price. Hoping we move for him in Jan. 

Conceding five in two league games (and conceding the lead four times) is a bit worrying in terms of both mentality and defending as a team, especially when we dropped four points in the process. 

We've been far too very easy to play through and City could have had the game won by half-time yesterday. 

The brilliance of Mo Salah is covering over a lot of cracks at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Conceding five in two league games (and conceding the lead four times) is a bit worrying in terms of both mentality and defending as a team, especially when we dropped four points in the process. 

We've been far too very easy to play through and City could have had the game won by half-time yesterday. 

Yeah we made it look far too easy for them, both of their goals the midfield were just half arsed trying to put challenges in. Especially the first one. But also they got in with so many easy balls just in behind right back. Which was a bit worryingly similar to Brentford.

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agreed - in both recent league games, we have been set up wrong - at least in this game, efforts were made to change our shape in the second half.  It has also laid bare the combination of inexperience and weak/poor midfield play that is only too apparent when we play strong teams. 

6 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Should still be noted how conservative City were playing us as opposed to the 90 minutes of dominance against Chelsea. We're the team they fear the most.

We do scare them. That 1st goal we scored is the exact reason why. Only a handful of teams can create attacks with such pace, and we may be the best at those. But that is pretty much the singular threat. There's no team out there that can control the whole of the game against them and most of the time, when they lose, it's because they can't finish anything and shoot themselves in the foot.

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Grealish is a classic case of big fish in small pond adjusting to being just a cog in a much bigger wheel . We’ve seen it plenty  of times before even with Liverpool. Charlie Adam and even Adam Lallana to a much lesser extent spring to mind. 

He’s been pretty fucking good for them.  Right up there, possibly top of chances created this season in the league.  Those two never performed for us at all.

He's a very good player , but I just don't think they needed him , particularly at that price. Making him fit has also made them change their shape , forced their only real striker (Jesus ) wide and marginalised the likes of Mahrez and Sterling. This , in my opinion , has made them slightly easier to defend.

Watching the foul on Silva again, as Hendo cuts in behind him he begins to stumble a touch, before Milner's outstretched leg finishes the job. But he was definitely on the way down already.  100% Hendo's involvement there saved Milner. It's the only thing that makes sense. 

• Upvote 1